Made this for the Mrs M&P C
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made this for the Mrs M&P C

Made this for the Mrs M&P C

Starting to get the hang of this

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Do you use a sewing machine?

I can't afford a machine...so I have been using a punch and screws, mine almost looks like a leather version of raven concealment.

Nice looking holster you made there though, keep it up!

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Sweet! Nice job indeed, and you must have a certain sense of satisfaction having done it yourself.

Say, on the slide side I notice a downward gap between the belt 'hole' and the body of the holster, does that allow the holster/gun to lay less tightly against the body, or to not lay as flat against the body as it would otherwise? Not a criticism, heck that is a great looking holster you made and I am no holster maker by ANY stretch, just wondering about the lay of the gun if not used IWB.

Another question? How did you get the leather to form inside the trigger guard and under the slide at the bottom of the holster?

That's 3 questions so far if you include the sewing machine question from Firefighterchen above. :-) Inquiring minds wanna know!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

If you get the leather wet just right you can mold it using plastic (cheap tool) or bone (expensive tool). not enough water you will burnish the leather (becomes hardened, plastic appearance, darker friction burn colour). Too much water and the leather won't hold its shape while drying.

I'm not sure what the design for the wings are, I have seen them before (and your holster looks as good if not better as those $100+ holster, be proud of what you made). It looks as if the shape gives you the personalized cant, and allows the wing to wrap around the curve of the waist better, pulling the slide side more naturally to the body.

Arranged is a picture of the pocket holster I made with decent molding as well.

Stitched leather looks so good, but I think i'm going to stay with rivet/screws for now. Keep making holsters and post up the pictures!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Made this for the Mrs M&P C-imag0498.jpg 

I have another question...

What generation holster is this? As in, how many did it take for you to get to this point? I had made 3 Gens of holsters before I got to the pocket holster (gen 4) I was happy with in the last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    If you get the leather wet just right you can mold it using plastic (cheap tool) or bone (expensive tool). not enough water you will burnish the leather (becomes hardened, plastic appearance, darker friction burn colour). Too much water and the leather won't hold its shape while drying.

I'm not sure what the design for the wings are, I have seen them before (and your holster looks as good if not better as those $100+ holster, be proud of what you made). It looks as if the shape gives you the personalized cant, and allows the wing to wrap around the curve of the waist better, pulling the slide side more naturally to the body.

Stitched leather looks so good, but I think i'm going to stay with rivet/screws for now. Keep making holsters and post up the pictures!!
    Beautiful, Chen!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Thumbs up

I clicked this thread because I wanted to see what you were talking about. Then I saw the picture and only had one reaction. An audible WOW!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom:234661
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post

Beautiful, Chen!
    Thanks, I have a notebook full of concept designs for holsters...maybe one day I can go find a new leather shop in this town and start making more.

This thread though is for the OP to brag about his creation, which he has all the right to because his is beautiful as well.

Check out the Tandy Leather website. They have all sorts of how-to videos for hand-stitching etc. (I'm thinking about making my own holsters someday, but haven't gotten there yet.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Looks good. What is that snap type holster in the background above? I'd like something like that for my M&P40c with a 5 forward rake...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast