good gun belt?

Thread: good gun belt?

good gun belt?

What is a good sturdy best to use for a IWB holster. I have the Galco Summer Comfort. I have a regular leather belt but it doesn't feel very sturdy. The belt doesn't have to be leather. Just need something that doesn't flex much

Sootch00 from YouTube swears by the "Bull Belt" from:

https://battleboysurplus.3dcartstore...LTS_c_338.html ...

You can even get a discount with the code "sootch00"...

Belts from DeSantis are supposed to be great, too. They are made for concealed carry:

BELTS — DeSantis Holster

If you want a really stiff, strong, belt; Comp-Tac makes belts reinforced with Kydex:

Gun Belts & Apparel - products new home - Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

And, since you have a Galco holster, Galco also makes gun belts:

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

There's lots of places you can get a good, sturdy belt. If you have a "western wear" store close to your house they usually have lots of leather belts. You'll want leather; nylon or other fabrics won't have the rigidity that you are looking for. If you have a flea market near to you there might be a leathersmith there who'll make you a custom belt--expect to drop some $$$ for that, though. I hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Here's a belt maker that a lot of people recommend, an alternative to mass produced "name brand" that may or may not be all that and a bag of chips: Gun Belts by The Belt Man
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

My personal favorite is a nylon web belt I found at Walmart. Good width, very stiff and supportive, came in black or brown, and was only $10-12. Everyone else wanted $30-50. That sold me!

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40:247440
    Here's a belt maker that a lot of people recommend, an alternative to mass produced "name brand" that may or may not be all that and a bag of chips: Gun Belts by The Belt Man
    I'd second this!

7. I use this one and like it. It is only $20 and is double sided (black/tan):

5.11 Tactical 1.5" Double Duty TDU Belt
    5.11 Tactical® 1.5" Double Duty TDU Belt

I've tried the "super stiff" belts, and had never been able to wear them comfortably. I was thinking about ordering from the beltman when I found these good folks at a local gun show. A Better Belt USA Their dual layer bull hide belt is a true "workhorse". The price was great and the belt is even better. I've worn mine for about a year, and it still looks and performs like new.
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

GIHolsters.com

Crossbreed holsters also have good gun belts at relatively cheap prices
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Manning View Post

If you want a really stiff, strong, belt; Comp-Tac makes belts reinforced with Kydex:

Gun Belts & Apparel - products new home - Kydex Reinforced Contour Belts

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Original Instructor Belt

Would wear it to bed if I had to... Hands down BEST belt... Holster collection and belt collection. Some work and others don't... I wear the Instructors belt all the time now..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..