carry in a kilt - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: carry in a kilt

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Just curious as to why you wear Kilts? I really have never heard of anyone in the US wearing them are normal attire but usually as part of a uniform or "costume". Of course I would rather see someone wearing kilts that the "baggy pants" costumes that seems to be so popular among the teens nowdays.
    To quote my girlfriend "I think kilts are hot!"

The ladys like them, they are very comfortable in hot weather (built in air conditioning when you walk), they are a good conversation piece, and I think they look good.

The UtiliKilts also have models with a lot of pockets/loops for carrying gear. They are great to go hiking in.

I also have some formal kilts that I wear on special occasions or when we go out dancing - again, the women all like them and want to chat up/dance with the guy in the kilt.

3. Quote Originally Posted by RBar View Post
    To quote my girlfriend "I think kilts are hot!"
    Hot? Around here, especially in the winter... you could freeze you hangie downies in a kilt! :toung:

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

As was mentioned, there are several options for packing while kilted, Neokilt, the Utilikilt etc..that little bag worn in front is called a Sporran and will hold a small J frame or a P3at etc. I wear a kilt often and I wear em armed.

Alot of the "modern" kilts now come with pockets, some with cargo pockets and these are great. A heavy gun will weigh the fabric down thus the kilt will hang lop sided. Smartcarry/Thunderwear is an option..IWB is probably best for CCW.

As to why do we wear kilts? Well, pants are okay IF your balls are small enough to fit into them!

DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

As to why do we wear kilts? Well, pants are okay IF your balls are small enough to fit into them!
    :59:

I see I am not the only bowlegged person around here. :icon_razz: You could use some panyhose.:Image38:

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Gotta admit that you need a large set of stones to wear a kilt in the first place. :)

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    IF your balls are small enough to fit into them!
    Man, you made me hesitate before I scrolled down!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by TheSp8 View Post
    Except when in uniform I wear a kilt, either a UK or a traditional wool kilt. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed when kilted. I've looked at the smart carry but a traditional is too tight at the waist for an easy draw. Does anyone have any experience with the thigh holsters that are listed as being for use with either shorts or skirts? Any other ideas? If I have to buy a new pistol it's a burden I'm willing to bear.

YMOS,
    Tony

I wear a UK (Survivor) and carry right on my hip, usually my 1911. but the pockets are deep enough for me to carry in those if have to tuck in my shirt.

Last edited by doublenutz; 05-31-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. Little late to the party...

I wear kilts because they are hands down the most comfortable thing I have ever worn. Add to that the fact that the wife and I think they look great, they're a great conversation starter and I'm Scots-Irish and damn proud of my heritage... I figure why not? Did I mention how unbelievably comfortable they are? You guys do realize we were built to wear unbifurcated garments, right? I mean, we are the sex with additional appendages between our legs...

As for concealed carry... I haven't gotten my license yet and just ordered my first holster (a Mason-Dixon from Bluegrass Holsters), and I've asked Brock to make me an extra set of 2.5" clips to fit my kilt belt. That should give me a tuckable IWB to wear with it, just like I intend to with my trousers...

All I can say is I will just have to take you guys word that they are comfortable. I am afraid if I walked around town in a kilt I would have to use my gun before I got home.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    All I can say is I will just have to take you guys word that they are comfortable. I am afraid if I walked around town in a kilt I would have to use my gun before I got home.
    Naw... I live in Dallas and I've never had a problem. Remember... no one wants to be the guy who got his butt kicked by a guy in a skirt.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast