carry in a kilt - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: carry in a kilt

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    Little late to the party...

I wear kilts because they are hands down the most comfortable thing I have ever worn. Add to that the fact that the wife and I think they look great, they're a great conversation starter and I'm Scots-Irish and damn proud of my heritage... I figure why not? Did I mention how unbelievably comfortable they are? You guys do realize we were built to wear unbifurcated garments, right? I mean, we are the sex with additional appendages between our legs...

As for concealed carry... I haven't gotten my license yet and just ordered my first holster (a Mason-Dixon from Bluegrass Holsters), and I've asked Brock to make me an extra set of 2.5" clips to fit my kilt belt. That should give me a tuckable IWB to wear with it, just like I intend to with my trousers...

I am Scots-Irish, English and a little French thrown in.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I was going to suggest that you open carry, but after seeing that you reside in Texas, I can see that that is not an option for you. You should probably try some type of tuckable IWB rig.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I was going to suggest that you open carry, but after seeing that you reside in Texas, I can see that that is not an option for you. You should probably try some type of tuckable IWB rig.

Carry in the Survivor UK (Utili-Kilt) is exceptionally easy... lots of very deep pockets and detachable tool pouches.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Just as an update, when ordering my tuckable IWB for trousered wear, I went ahead and ordered a custom set of belt loops for a 2.5" belt (the size of my kilt belt). It should be here next week some time, I'll update the thread on how it works then.

6. Kilt wearing

I too wear a kilt from time to time, like to the Scottish games, formal dinners, Burn's night, etc. I usuly wear a belt with my kilt (Hunting MacFarline). It has a huge belt buckle, I think I could stuff my AMT backup or Kel-Tek behind the buckle with no problem. When I'm kilted out, I usualy have my Dirk & Skin-do with me. So I'm not compleatly unarmd. The full Claymore is just too long to wear in a restruant. It's hard to sit with it. :^D

In a util-kilt, with pockets (!) you should be able to find a pocket holster that will hold your firearm in a ready position. I normaly cary my Kel-Tek in my front pants pocket.
    Consider one of the thin 9mm. Some are only abut 3/4" thick.

As I told an old gentleman and his spouse of many years, "We no wear the kilt for the laddies, but for the lassies." I have no idea what the nice old lady was thinking, but she turned red as a beet. <heh> <heh>

Cheers!

Ralph in MO.

Loch Sloy!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234