carry in a kilt
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: carry in a kilt

carry in a kilt

Except when in uniform I wear a kilt, either a UK or a traditional wool kilt. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed when kilted. I've looked at the smart carry but a traditional is too tight at the waist for an easy draw. Does anyone have any experience with the thigh holsters that are listed as being for use with either shorts or skirts? Any other ideas? If I have to buy a new pistol it's a burden I'm willing to bear.

YMOS,
    Tony
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt May 13, 1903

Quote Originally Posted by TheSp8 View Post
    Except when in uniform I wear a kilt, either a UK or a traditional wool kilt. I'm looking for a way to carry concealed when kilted. I've looked at the smart carry but a traditional is too tight at the waist for an easy draw. Does anyone have any experience with the thigh holsters that are listed as being for use with either shorts or skirts? Any other ideas? If I have to buy a new pistol it's a burden I'm willing to bear.

YMOS,
    Tony
    Who needs a gun? It takes a helluva guy to wear a kilt...I know I couldn't do it. I especially wouldn't want to assault a guy with a kilt!

How about a P3AT in the little pouch up front?

In all seriousness, do you ever wear a jacket with it? Perhaps a shoulder rig might just suit you fine....
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TheSp8 View Post
    If I have to buy a new pistol it's a burden I'm willing to bear.
    What pistol are you wanting to carry now?

5. All I can think of would be a fanny pack or shoulder holster. Could you configure the Kilt with belt loops? Maybe an IWB holster would work.

dv

Perhaps thunder ware? Don't know. I have never given that any thought.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7. Quote Originally Posted by TheSp8 View Post
    Except when in uniform I wear a kilt, either a UK or a traditional wool kilt...
    Definately badass...

well my idea was the smart carry.. but I guess you already tried it and it didn't fit your needs.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I've just got to ask. Are you really wearing a kilt in San Antonio? Texas?

Maybe you could find a company that makes a set of bagpipes with a secret compartment. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm only kidding around of course, more power to ya. A thigh holster with a small semi-auto like the Kahr Cw9 would probably work well.

Think this might help... I don't know how uncomfortable it might be to wear a belt under a kilt.

http://www.handgunholsters.net/

I also wear a kilt pretty much 24/7. Either my formal kilt or one of my Utilikilts.

I have carried in my sporin when wearing my formal kilt, but even a large sporin can usually only conceal a smaller pistol.

For daily carry I use a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster - http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html. It holds tight against my waist and works with all of my Utilikilts. I have been hiking in it and it stays put and is comfortable all day. You will need to have the kilt cut just a little bit larger in the waist if you are carrying a large (thick) pistol.

I have tried a thigh holster under the kilt, but found that it was too difficult to lift and get a good draw on the pistol - the angles are not right with that much fabric.

I have also carried my pistol in the pockets of my Utilikilt Workmans kilt, but again, it is somewhat slow to draw.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast