Other essential carry gear ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other essential carry gear ?

1. Other essential carry gear ?

I carry a reload, Fenix flashlight and Leatherman on the off-side.

This in addition to a Sebenza in the right pocket and a Spyderco Delica in the left.

There are a few other things, but these are the most important.

What items do YOU routinely carry in addition to your gun ?

Gun and back up gun. Extra magazine. Streamlight Strion flashlight, SOG tool. I am think about getting a short fixed blade knife of some kind to carry. Also my cell phone.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I carry my primary and backup guns, a Camilus folding tactical knife in each front pocket, a Tops Cockpit Commander fixed blade in my boot or on my belt, 2 extra mags, a Surefire E2D executive defender light and a cell phone.

Lee hand reloaders are small, lite, work great but are slow. Taking your time in the evenings you can reload quite a few rounds.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I always have my Blackberry (which can double as a weak light) and sometimes a pen and an earpiece. Any of those can be used as a close-in weapon if needed. The unassuming Berry also has a razor blade mounted to the battery.

I mostly work in an office or go to meetings during the day and an easily accessible knife or multi-tool would be difficult to conceal effectively, and would look very out of place if not concealed. It would be nice to see gun, knife and other concealment holsters made specifically for business attire. I have carried in a laptop case before but then I absolutely to keep the whole thing with me all day long.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

7. Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I always have my Blackberry (which can double as a weak light) and sometimes a pen and an earpiece. Any of those can be used as a close-in weapon if needed. The unassuming Berry also has a razor blade mounted to the battery.

I mostly work in an office or go to meetings during the day and an easily accessible knife or multi-tool would be difficult to conceal effectively, and would look very out of place if not concealed. It would be nice to see gun, knife and other concealment holsters made specifically for business attire. I have carried in a laptop case before but then I absolutely to keep the whole thing with me all day long.
    I had a pair of dockers with a hidden zipper pocket below the main side pocket built into the seem. It was impossible to see them unless you were inches away. I often carried a folding knife in that pocket. I think you could get any trousers tailored this way.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Cell Phone (to call LE/EMS)
    Flashlight (SureFire 6Z)
    Reload (extra magazine)
    Knife (Spiderco Endura / Kershaw Leek)

9. Besides my "Primary Gun" here's what else I carry, in order of importance to me:

Cell Phone
    Reload For Primary
    Flashlight
    Folding Knife
    BUG
    Fixed Blade Knife
    Creds
    Reload for BUG

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    I had a pair of dockers with a hidden zipper pocket below the main side pocket built into the seem. It was impossible to see them unless you were inches away. I often carried a folding knife in that pocket. I think you could get any trousers tailored this way.
    That's an interesting concept that I hadn't considered. I'd like to find a tailor that specializes in concealed weapons.

Here's a pretty good discussion of suit holsters/carry methods.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

what about a..

battle mace?:sly:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast