I received my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I received my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

I received my Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

I received it Friday. It took about three weeks from the date of order. I think this is a great turn around time for a custom holster. Shipping and all I believe it was $74. A great price for a custom holster.

At first I wasn't sure about it. The leather backing is very stiff. Which I realize is a good thing, but at first it just didn't seem to feel very comfortable. As it is getting broken in I think it is going to work well. It holds the pistol very securely. Out of habit I will try to shift the pistol to the appropriate place. It does not shift. It does not move. The pistol fits well. Not too tight or too lose. Also, he sent a note explaining how to adjust the tightness with a hairdryer and a damp washcloth. Of course, it also reholsters very easily with one hand.

I have been at work Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon so I haven't had much of a chance to try it out, but I think I will be very pleased. The corner of the leather backing does kind of press into leg as I sit, but again I haven't really gotten it broken in.

Overall, I think it's great for the price. I will provide updates as I get it fully broken in.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Did you get that for the Sig? Let me know how it works out for you. The comfort problem is one reason that I have not used an IWB much.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yes it's for the Sig. I have always used IWB holsters, but I'm not used to the big leather patch on the back. This is of course what causes its stability. I think it will be great when I get it broken in. It sure is nice not to have it shifting around each time I move.
    David

crossbreed

Hey Dr D-

Please keep us posted on how it breaks in after wearing for a week or so. Would love to hear. Have considered getting one myself.

Surfcc

6. I have the same holster for my Taurus PT 140 and have found it to be a fantastic holster. It needs a week or two of constant wear before the leather is broken in but once it forms to you it's great! Highly recommend it.
    Romans 3:22-24

Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 .45
    Taurus Millenium Pro .40
    Kel-Tec P3AT .380

A brief update. I am getting my holster broken in and I am loving it more everyday. I am a bit concerned about the belt clips breaking. No reason other than I had one break on another holster once, but you can get an extra set for about $15.

It is wearing somewhat in a few places on the bluing of my pretty Sig. This makes me sad, but such is the life of a holstered handgun.
    David

Dr, D could you send me the link to order... TY............ [email protected]
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Here you go

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Mine is the super tuck
    David

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I am a bit concerned about the belt clips breaking. No reason other than I had one break on another holster once, but you can get an extra set for about $15.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the clips. I have put both my Supertuck and the tuckable mag carrier through hell and neither one has given me a bit of problems.

I am especially impressed with the mag carrier. Because there is only 1 clip, the carrier will flop into my pants when they are down (They are only down for legitimate business). I have expected it to break, permanently bend, or pull off of the rivet, but it has held strong and shows no signs of damage.

I highly recommend this rig. I have carried a G26 daily with a G17 hicap on the weak side for 6 months, and this has been the most comfortable, concealable IWB rig I've ever had, seen, or heard of.

-Matt

Thanks for the reassurance Matt.

I truly have nothing bad to say about this holster.
    David

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast