Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

Question Licensed to Carry/Armed Decal

I found this "Licensed to Carry" armed decal at at Armed Decal.Com. By the way, I have to note that it is a registered trademark so please do not copy it and do the right thing. I have no affliation with this organization but I did purchase mine.

I guess this is supposed to be the recognized decal, created by law enforcement, for law enforcement officers to easily recognize. I was wondering if any body has seen these around and if there are states that prohibit them.

Last edited by doublenutz; 05-31-2008 at 02:11 AM.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Duplicate threads can be annoying:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/leo-e...med-decal.html
    already has replies posted.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Duplicate threads can be annoying:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/leo-e...med-decal.html
    already has replies posted.

I deliberately did this becuase I was initially unsure if it fit under the LEO Encounter topic or Concealed Carry Gear. I also wanted to get a very good cross section of exposure for the topic. At some point I can request Luke place it in one area where the topic seems to fit best.

Answer in one or the other, no problem.:icon_wink:
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks for posting doublenuts, I think its a good idea,
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MufDady View Post
    Thanks for posting doublenuts, I think its a good idea,

Yes, I am getting some pretty good and trusted advice from good friends in these forums, in the other thread, as to why it is not such a great idea to post these.

With a bit more exposure here I may ask Luke to move this topic to LEO Encounters.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. I'm glad you posted this as I want to get one to go with my other sticker and my CCW badge!

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

I'll put armed carry decal on my home as soon as those opposed to carrying post this sign:
    Last edited by HowardCohodas; 05-31-2008 at 07:35 PM.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

illegal in NM

Doublenutz,

In answer to question if illegal in some states, that would be illegal in New Mexico. Staute:

Indicia of licensure. No person who is not a law enforcement officer, may carry a badge, patch, card, or any other indication of authority to carry a concealed handgun in New Mexico other than the license issued by the department or a license issued by a state that has been accepted by transfer, recognition or reciprocity by New Mexico pursuant to the act.

Quote Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
    ... illegal in New Mexico. Staute:

Indicia of licensure. No person who is not a law enforcement officer, may carry a badge, patch, card, or any other indication of authority to carry a concealed handgun in New Mexico other than the license issued by the department or a license issued by a state that has been accepted by transfer, recognition or reciprocity by New Mexico pursuant to the act.

I am constantly mystified at the ability of governments to dream up even more amazingly stupid and unnecessary laws. That just looks to me like another answer to a non-existing problem.

Do you have any information on why NM government thought a law needed to be passed to address that?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

No stickers, no badges, noting on my home or vehicle to tell the BG that I'm armed. I'm going to let them find out the hard way!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast