Clip Draw...cool tool! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clip Draw...cool tool!

1. Ummmmm... for a few reasons, no thanks! ;)

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy View Post
    At the urging of some friends I picked up a clip draw ($17 delivered) and mounted it to a P64 I use. It actually sticks to the slide and a spring metal clip screws on...I'm shocked at how secure this is! I love it!

That aircraft adhesive is strong! It will remove easily and be reapplied with 6 strips supplied with the kit.
    My question is, how likely is it that the trigger will get caught on loose thread or clothing while you're drawing it? Honestly, I don't see how this is much different from Mexican Carry. Because nothing is covering the trigger, how could this method possibly be safe?

However, being the Libertarian that I am, to me it makes no difference how someone chooses to exercise their RKBA, as long as you're not negligent in doing so.

4. I use them on a glock and a keltec 911 .problems are they get wet with sweat and may be less comfortable.+'s conceals better less printing less weight on belt does not require a draw full of holsters. not recomended for round in chamber carry unless lots of pratice. Many AD are caused while holstering and unholstering

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    My question is, how likely is it that the trigger will get caught on loose thread or clothing while you're drawing it? Honestly, I don't see how this is much different from Mexican Carry. Because nothing is covering the trigger, how could this method possibly be safe?

However, being the Libertarian that I am, to me it makes no difference how someone chooses to exercise their RKBA, as long as you're not negligent in doing so.
    I can see you've never shot a Radom P-64. :D

The double action trigger is reminiscent of a team of mules dragging a tree 2 miles over a gravel road.... safe enough!

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    I can see you've never shot a Radom P-64. :D

The double action trigger is reminiscent of a team of mules dragging a tree 2 miles over a gravel road.... safe enough!

Are you suggesting that if the trigger pull is that hard, then Mexican carry is a viable option?

I guess I'll never know for sure, but I prefer keeping my pistol in a holster that fits because I know that it will not move and nothing will come into contact with the trigger. I simply cannot get over the fear of an unintentional discharge that I know would not have happened had the gun been placed in a holster. To each his own, I suppose.

The trigger pull is the safety on a DA pistol. Same as A wheel gun. Find a modern revolver that has a safety. It takes a deliberate long heavy pull of the trigger to fire most autos. Also if you are drawing the weapon you are pulling away from the trigger and nothing is going to cause the weapon to fire. I have several Kel-Tec's and a couple Glocks that I put a belt clip on. I usually use them around the house because I can clip it in my pocket with the butt exposed. Very easy to draw. I have carried them IWB but you need to have on a T-shirt to make it more comfortable.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I prefer a holster. I want the trigger covered and proper retention. I bought a pistol w/ a clip on it and didn't like the position of it, right were I lay my trigger finger along frame. Removed it and sold it .
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

I have a Clip Draw on a G23. On me, it pushes the grip up a bit too high and prints (my gut probably doesn't help this). No biggie if I'm wearing add'l cover garments.

I've considered a modified Clip Draw that doesn't hold the grip as high, but I haven't done the tweeking yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12