Bed rack for rifle or shotgun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed rack for rifle or shotgun

Bed rack for rifle or shotgun

Check out this site and view the video. What do you think? might be worth having.

http://www.the-backup.com/perception/index.html
    Last edited by HK4U; 07-11-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: add site
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

why not have a 50 mount at foot of bed. I like the holster mount like this . Can be made dhild safe.

At the very end of the commercial a female voice says "The backup is not intended for use in homes with children." With that said, I see how you can make it somewhat "child safe" with the use of either a trigger lock or a pair of standard handcuffs. With a little creativity, anything is possible.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

An issue with it

I like the design. however for the device to work you need a bedframe that works with a box spring. I don't see it working too well with waterbeds (the risk of puncturing the waterbed), airbeds or a captain's/platform bed with drawers underneath the bedframe. I am a pack rat and have a captain's bed.

Securing the firearm is no big deal, you can get one of the LE vehicle or wall long gun locks available through Galls. You could conceal the momentary switch by the head board or night stand, or just get into the habit of unlocking it manually for the evening when you go to bed.

Some shotguns also have a key similar to the Taurus security system which renders locks the button safety. The last Remington 870 I purchased has that feature. After going to the last NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, I have gotten more fond of latest Winchester shotguns though. The action is quite smooth.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Here's the answer I received...

They have no plans to make a version that will work with bed frames that do not utilize box springs. If you're like me and have a captain's bed this product is of no use to you.

On 7/15/08 10:05 AM, I wrote:

> I have a captain's bed (the type of bed frame that has drawers in the base of
    > the bed). You do not use a box spring with these types of beds or water bed
    > type frames. The mattress just sits in the bedframe. Is it possible to modify
    > the Back-Up or have a version so it works with these types of beds? Also,
    > would it be possible have a bar that would accomodate a locking mechanism such
    > as the wall mount long gun locks available from Galls?
    >
    >
    As for the bed mount, we do not currently have plans for water beds or
    captain's beds.

We are negotiating with Mossberg to sell the Mossberg Lock with a special
    attachment for the backup. Check our website to see if and when it comes
    about.
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

cool idea. i would bang into it constantly, hurt myself, get pissed off at it, toss it out the window....
    "Around this turn where the cross will cast your shadow The people will all gather To remember such a day Where the flames grew as high as trees And the world stopped for you and me...

...Pain has never been so brilliant I made sure you were buckled in Now you can walk hand in hand Hand in hand with Him"

8. I got a Back Up in June and couldn't be happier with it.. I did store my gun in the closet until I realized how unrealistic it was to think that I would be able to get to my gun, load it, and prepare to fire without alerting the intruder .. I sleep much easier now bc it is literally right there! btw I haven't caught my shin or any other part of my leg on it bc it sets so close to the mattress.. not as "in the way" as you think

My bed would work with this rack, however, I don't see the need for it, when I could just store my shotgun under the bed with the pistol grip sticking out slightly. Not saying that the rack wouldn't work, but why spend the money when putting it under the bed works just as well, without spending any extra money?

Under the bed vs. the bed rack...

Under the bed would require you to get to it which would require you to get to the floor of your bedroom to get it. If you have a captain's or water bed, you don't have an under the bed.

With the Back-Up or smiliar bedrack, you could get to the shotgun without getting out of bed. Those few seconds to get to the floor of the bed, get the long gun and point it at the subject may make a difference. Yes, I do see the possible need for it. However until they make a model that'll work with my type of bed frame it is of no use to me.

11. Wooden bed can just hang gun racks on side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast