Laser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser

Laser

I have a Ruger SR40C and have been thinking about getting a laser for it. However, I don't know what fits this particular weapon. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Also, I currently use a Uncle Mikes IWB holster. Just wondering what anyone else uses and any suggestions.

Thanks

Laser

I have a Crimson Trace laser on my Kahr PM9. Check their website to see if they make one for your gun.

Lets Be Careful Out There!
    Ron
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Thanks Ron for the advice.

5. I have the SR9c and the Crimson Trace LG449. This is also usable on the SR40c. Only issue I have seen is keeping POA and POI lined up exactly. After firing 50 rounds I find the sight is off slightly when I had aligned before starting. This is using a bore sight prior to shooting and rechecking with the boresight after. I have not been using it heavily and hope this stops after a few more adjustments and possibly retightening to the trigger guard. The difference at 10 meters is about an inch off so not critical in a defensive situation.

Crimson Trace.. They work.. Have two and have not had an issue with either.. Order the free catalog and DVD..
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

7. A quick update - solved my issue with the CT moving after firing a number of rounds. Turns out I had not properly tightened all the screws when mounting to the trigger guard. After doing this the CT is staying on target.

8. Just curious, but why do you want a laser? The only situation I can see it useful is if you must shoot from an awkward position where you cannot view the sights, but putting a laser on a target and finding that spot with your eyes takes longer than just using the sights. Some people say they're a deterrant but I think "gun pointed at chest" is enough of a deterrent as it is. At night I don't want a bright red 'shoot me here' dot on my weapon and they don't have the blinding effect that a bright tactical light would have at night, I'd rather just use my night sights and preserve my own night vision. In the day the dot can get washed out depending on the background, and certainly never looks the same on different targets/surfaces and different distances so it can be difficult for your eyes to pick out quickly, hence making it slower than just putting your sights on target.

But if there's any reasons to have it that I've overlooked, besides that it looks cool, maybe, some of the crimson trace grips look nice and they don't add bulk to the weapon so I can see adding them for the (rare) occasion one would have to shoot offhand or from the ground in a fight or around cover, somewhere you can't put your eyes on the sights.

Maybe some of you can help with this addition; Red laser, green laser; What are the benefits of one over the other?
    I have been looking at the ones mounted on the pistol grips; Considering adding to my Remington 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by PastorMCC View Post
    Maybe some of you can help with this addition; Red laser, green laser; What are the benefits of one over the other?
    I have been looking at the ones mounted on the pistol grips; Considering adding to my Remington 1911.
    Red gets lost in daylight and is hard to see. Green is easily viewed in daylight and has a use in all light situation.

Still awaiting and anticipating the receipt of my Springfield Armory XDS 45ACP. Question, does anyone know of preferably a green laser (red) if green is not available that would fit this gun and a holster that would accomodate the laser if it is rail mounted.
    Getting my ducks in a row in order to avoid wait times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast