Crimson Trace Problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crimson Trace Problem

1. Thanks for the info in this post; I loaned my FS-96 to a friend. He ran a few boxes of ammo through it, and returned it very clean and well lubed. Too much lube - he managed to get gun oil all over my CT lens - at 10 feet, it was painting about a 5" diameter, fuzzy, weak spot. I had tried to clean it before - but didn't realize how difficult it is to actually get it clean. I attacked it 7 to 10 times with rubbing alcohol, followed by a small piece of paper towel on the end of a Q-Tip stick (soft, cardboard - not plastic). The shape of the fuzzy ball changed each time - then one time - BAM, spot on focus was returned.

Quote Originally Posted by tdarst View Post
    Thanks for the info in this post; I loaned my FS-96 to a friend. He ran a few boxes of ammo through it, and returned it very clean and well lubed. Too much lube - he managed to get gun oil all over my CT lens - at 10 feet, it was painting about a 5" diameter, fuzzy, weak spot. I had tried to clean it before - but didn't realize how difficult it is to actually get it clean. I attacked it 7 to 10 times with rubbing alcohol, followed by a small piece of paper towel on the end of a Q-Tip stick (soft, cardboard - not plastic). The shape of the fuzzy ball changed each time - then one time - BAM, spot on focus was returned.
    Both of the units I bought came with 2 small tipped swabs in each box. I use those to clean the lens and have had no issues at all. I took my M&P40c to Front Sight for the 4 Day Defensive Handgun course and the spot was very slightly dimmed and distorted after 700 rounds... I used the little swab and all was good... Heavy amounts of light gun oil will cause that issue.

Perhaps calling Crimson Trace and asking for a few of those small swabs. Their customer service is quite good.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. You always have your front and rear sites better than any laser I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle Safety View Post
    You always have your front and rear sites better than any laser I've ever seen
    Bingo... Depending on them is not a good idea. That's why when at Front Sight I did not use the laser at all. They are an augmentation...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12