OC/pepper spray? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OC/pepper spray?

Calma9 you live in CA? Cant you have a CCW in CA if it's like 10 rounds?? I looked at the Kimber OC as well. But to me spending almost 30 dollars on something that is a one time use with no refills for it. Is not some thing i want to do. Yeah i am going to pick up some Sabre red OC a small one that hooks on the keys. It has 25 one sec shots in it so it should do. I have looked at batons but idk it's just not something i want to do right now.
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 08-18-2008 at 07:28 PM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. Oil pepper spray and taser can get a crisppycritter

Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    I carry pepper spray all the time since a CCW is not possible where I live. I have Wildfire, but I just discovered the Kimber LifeAct products. When I travel outside California, pepper spray always goes with my firearm. It's good to have another option. You just never know.
    Have you considered moving to one of your state's de facto shall issue counties? Contrary to what people believe, CCW permits are issued in CA; and unlike PRNY, where permits issued outside NYC are valid everywhere in the state except NYC, permits issued in PRCA are valid everywhere in PRCA, including Los Angeles and San Francisco. I hear Kern County is virtually shall issue, as are several others.

I am not a fan of the use of pepper spray except perhaps by well trained professionals. This is more for my concern for the user than the BG. First, there are some people genetically resistant to it. You must be prepared for immediate escalation in this case. Second, there are some who have been chemically rendered unresponsive to it (on drugs). You should be trained to recognize this condition and either bypass this step in escalation or again be prepared for immediate escalation.

My conclusion is that for the amateur, the use of pepper spray may put you in more danger than you are trained to handle. Your concern for minimal harm to the BG is admirable, but your first responsibility is to you and yours.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

6. Im not a big fan of it. I got sprayed when i went through my academy. If you have a motivated bg its a real posibility that they'll be able to function after being sprayed. I just usually carry both fists for non lethal situations just kidding. As soon as my agency started issueing tazers i threw my spray in the back seat. Thats my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHat406 View Post
    Im not a big fan of it. I got sprayed when i went through my academy. If you have a motivated bg its a real posibility that they'll be able to function after being sprayed. I just usually carry both fists for non lethal situations just kidding. As soon as my agency started issueing tazers i threw my spray in the back seat. Thats my two cents.
    Or hyped up on drugs.

But even that does not always work. I watched a video (that when i find it again i will post in here) Of this drunk guy being hit with a tazer 15 times and he still did not stop. What i find works better then mace and a tazer is pepper ball rounds out of a paint ball gun Or bean bag rounds from a 12g. Rubber bullets also work but are not used much as they can kill.

Found it..

YouTube - Dude Tazed 15 Times
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; 08-28-2008 at 02:09 PM.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Does any one have Sabre red pepper spray? Does any one carry pepper spray? Is it a good idea? I was talking to some one yesterday and they said they like to have a less lethal option as not every encounter calls for pulling a knife and or gun out. So what do you guys thing about this? I my self think it's a ok idea but may add more weight then is needed. As it is now i carry my TDI ka-bar on my belt then i will have my Fenix flashlight and 2 back up mags. then the gun. I am also looking at picking up a kershaw assisted open knife for a every day use knife as well as a back up. Instead of carrying a BUG.
    Have you been able to pick up the Sabre Red Pepper Spray?
    Last edited by calmp9; 08-29-2008 at 09:19 PM.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

10. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Calma9 you live in CA? Cant you have a CCW in CA if it's like 10 rounds?? I looked at the Kimber OC as well. But to me spending almost 30 dollars on something that is a one time use with no refills for it. Is not some thing i want to do. Yeah i am going to pick up some Sabre red OC a small one that hooks on the keys. It has 25 one sec shots in it so it should do. I have looked at batons but idk it's just not something i want to do right now.

The reason why I can't get a CCW in my home county in the Republik of Kalifornia is I don't show just cause to be issued a CCW permit. I live in Santa Cruz County and I am sure that a lot of the people in here have heard of Santa Cruz, CA. Of all the people in our county, there are only 37 CCW permits issued. This is documented and is another thread for discussion. Sorry for the minor rant on this!

Regarding magazine capacity, the max is 10. Don't get me started on this one.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Well, when all else fails, a properly placed shot will do the trick every time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast