OC/pepper spray? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OC/pepper spray?

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    But even that does not always work. I watched a video (that when i find it again i will post in here) Of this drunk guy being hit with a tazer 15 times and he still did not stop. What i find works better then mace and a tazer is pepper ball rounds out of a paint ball gun Or bean bag rounds from a 12g. Rubber bullets also work but are not used much as they can kill.

Found it..

YouTube - Dude Tazed 15 Times
    Well i watched the video and if you listen you can hear the sound of the tazer. That means 1 of 2 things either they only drive stunned him. That means they didnt shoot him with the probes. Or they had a bad deployment if they did shoot with the probes. If both probes make good contact you can hardly hear the crackleing sound. That sound was very clear a couple of times in the video so it makes pretty good sence to me why it didnt work well in this case. Not to mention that if they were only drive stunning him thats only a pain compliance technique which would be no better than pepper spray. When some one is shot and struck with both probes it is total body incapacitation. If you want all the facts go to tazer int. web site. im pretty sure they explain all the principles and the physics behind there products. TASER - Home

Quote Originally Posted by BigHat406 View Post
    Well i watched the video and if you listen you can hear the sound of the tazer. That means 1 of 2 things either they only drive stunned him. That means they didnt shoot him with the probes. Or they had a bad deployment if they did shoot with the probes. If both probes make good contact you can hardly hear the crackleing sound. That sound was very clear a couple of times in the video so it makes pretty good sence to me why it didnt work well in this case. Not to mention that if they were only drive stunning him thats only a pain compliance technique which would be no better than pepper spray. When some one is shot and struck with both probes it is total body incapacitation. If you want all the facts go to tazer int. web site. im pretty sure they explain all the principles and the physics behind there products. TASER - Home
    It's also possible that he was wearing clothing that was too thick for the probes to penetrate. Taser probes will only penetrate up to two inches of clothing, and they don't penetrate body armor.

Did Someone Say Pepper Spray?

I hope I didn't offend...
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

What park and/or forest is that sign posted in?

6. OC/Pepper spray

My wife and I used to sell security products, such as pepper sprays, stun guns, personal alarms, etc. I think I saw someone refer to Mace pepper spray. I was not aware Mace made pepper spray, or someone is using the MAce name. Chemical Mace is the brand name for GOEC tear gas spray, I don't remember right now if it is CS or CN, but it is not pepper spray. When pepper sprays became popular, Chemical Mace disappeared. I read in this thread where someone said he heard that if you are in contact with a BG and use a stun gun you will get shocked, too. BS!! That is what happens when you listen to people who don't know what they are talking about. I can be holding your arm and if you are resisting, I don't have to let go to zap you. I can pump 100,000 volts into you all day long and never even get a tingle myself. BTW, tazer or Tazer or Taser are all inaccurate. TASER is an acronym. The inventor loved the Tom Swift boy's books as a kid, so when he invented the TASER, he name it what he did, as it stands for Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle. I would have one, but my budget won't stretch that far. Ironically, I was to make a presentation, along with my men to be allowed to carry stun guns on a Wednesday, and was crippled on Monday morning by a former Marine jacked up on PCP. Go figure.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Along with your men???

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Hey, thank you Tatted, Infidel and WuzFuz for the comments. I lost this thread which is why I didnít respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    You're right, and that's why the only time I ever deployed mine at work was after I had already sprayed the perp with OC spray.
    Have you ever heard of a case of someone being stunned by their own stun gun?

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    Ö I read in this thread where someone said he heard that if you are in contact with a BG and use a stun gun you will get shocked, too. BS!! That is what happens when you listen to people who don't know what they are talking about. I can be holding your arm and if you are resisting, I don't have to let go to zap you. I can pump 100,000 volts into you all day long and never even get a tingle myself. ...
    Yes, that was what I was looking for. :) Do you know guys who have used a stun gun while holding onto the person stunned? Have you done so yourself? Thanks.

9. OC/pepper spray

My wife and I had a small company selling personal security devices at one time, and I stressed in presentations that a firearm was not for everyone. Many times, someone will buy a gun, get in a situation, pull out the wepaon and freeze. The BG then takes the gun away. The main problem with pepper spray is how people carry and use it. we would train women to have the cannister in their hand as they went to their car, so it could be used in an instant. However. we found that realistically, they would drop it in their purse, so it was useless. I wonder about the Mace products shown in the site, since last I heard, Mace was a brand name for a tear gas formulation owned by the company that owned S&W for a while. Maybe the lock on the name expired, but Chemical Mace was a product of General Ordnance Equipment Corporation. I don't really care, one way or the other. I think it is interesting that the day I was injured on the job, I was carrying a cannister of pepper spray. but had decided there were too many people in the area. Ironically, we found out later there was no propellant in the cannister, so it would have been useless.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234