SHTF Bag

Thread: SHTF Bag

SHTF Bag

We talked about this a little on another thread some time back but there have been a lot of new members join sense then that I thought it would be good to bring this up. How many of you carry a bag with extra equipment beyond your everyday carry peice. Often it is refered to as a bug out bag but it does not have to be just for long term bug out. Something you might need if you are away from your house and things go bad. If you carry one on a regular basis what to you see as got to have items with you.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Exclamation Shtf Bag

2 mags
    1 flashlight
    spare batteries
    gps
    good knife
    small first aid kit
    nomex gloves
    fire starter
    ear plugs
    space blanket
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Daily, in town, I really don't have much beyond immediate emergency/first aid. I only work 6 miles from home, and my job is in an 'unarmed victim zone.' Whenever I go farther, there is a bag that goes in the trunk which carries necessities for a few days. When I travel I custom pack based upon route, destination, and time of year/weather.

For instance, an AK or AR may be in the trunk for most trips, but those do not go with me to California (if the reason isn't obvious--please ask, I don't want you getting into trouble). Also, when travelling over high passes of the Sierra Nevada range in CA I pack differently than when headed to Phoenix, AZ--obviously much different terrain/climate.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Daily, in town, I really don't have much beyond immediate emergency/first aid. I only work 6 miles from home, and my job is in an 'unarmed victim zone.' Whenever I go farther, there is a bag that goes in the trunk which carries necessities for a few days. When I travel I custom pack based upon route, destination, and time of year/weather.

For instance, an AK or AR may be in the trunk for most trips, but those do not go with me to California (if the reason isn't obvious--please ask, I don't want you getting into trouble). Also, when travelling over high passes of the Sierra Nevada range in CA I pack differently than when headed to Phoenix, AZ--obviously much different terrain/climate.
    I guess I'm somewhat uninformed. What is an 'unarmed victim zone'?
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger.357 View Post
    Killing zone or in other words gun free zone.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger.357 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Killing zone or in other words gun free zone.
    In my case it's a junior high school.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I have carried a backpack of some sort for over 30 years. I just always thought it was a good idea to carry spare stuff or things I might need for whatever.
    Now--my wife is disabled--bedridden or wheelchair and I am her caretaker. I am self employed so I can pretty much pick my own work hours.
    If SHTF --I have to get home --period. I have refined my GHB (get home bag) with that in mind. I do have tools,rope,water etc in my truck.
    My bag has--this is from memory so I may forget a few things
    Winter clothing in winter--spare gloves, hat and wool socks and Yak Trax (for walking on ice)
    Summer clothing is basically xrta bandanas
    5 LED lights--2 of them have red lenses (for nightime use)
    Spare eyeglasses
    First aid stuff
    2 multitools
    xtra lighters
    pack of cigarettes
    snack bars
    binoculars
    knife sharpener
    at least 2 knives
    GMRS walkie talkie
    spare belt
    spare holster
    spare firearm w/ 2 mags and a water proof case with 50 xtra rds of ammo
    4" aluminum caribiner
    Space Blanket
    Little Hotties--thoser hand warming things
    4 light sticks
    This, I think is most of it. This goes with me every day in my truck.
    If I have to make short trips to the store I have a couple smaller bag setups that I use for those
    Last edited by murph50; 08-21-2008 at 10:09 PM.