Looking for owb holster for Xd 45 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for owb holster for Xd 45

~ AMERICA'S EPITAPH ~
    "Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, God Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done"

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Looking for a "kydex" owb holster. Thanks though

Check out Mernickle Holsters PS6 model. This high ride holster does an excellent job of tucking the grip tight against your body. My only affiliation with Mernickle is as a customer.

Mernickle Custom Holsters - Performance Series
    Last edited by Old Zebra; 07-07-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: grammar

5. Quote Originally Posted by Old Zebra View Post
    Check out Mernickle Holsters PS6 model. This high ride holster does an excellent job of tucking the grip tight against your body. My only affiliation with Mernickle is as a customer.

Mernickle Custom Holsters - Performance Series
    $100 for a leather owb holster is a little much for my taste plus I'm looking for a kydex owb holster. I'll never go for leather holsters again for the simple issues such as wear marks on my weapons. Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you like Kydex, I prefer the Blackhawk Serpa. It has a retention feature as well. Of all the holsters I own, this is the one I reach for most often. It's light weight, it can be adjusted to several canted positions, it can be adjusted for several belt sizes, and as I mentioned has the retention system which is undone with your trigger finger held in the position it should be when retrieving your sidearm (completely extended). One other feature is the holster comes with both a paddle and a belt held option.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by rekotadrekoj187 View Post
    I'm looking for a good owb holster that rides high for my Xd 45 4" fs. Preferably kydex but I'm open to suggestions. I already have a great iwb holster but would like a great owb as well. Anything with adjustable cant would be a plus as well.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using USA Carry mobile app
    Really depends on what your using it for. I use my Level 2 Serpa when I go to the range, but it's overkill when I just want to carry. If your looking for a Kydex OWB with the traditional look of a leather holster, Check out Armed Civiallian 556's channel on youtube. Unless the tacti-cool look is what your after.

Looking for owb holster for Xd 45

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Really depends on what your using it for. I use my Level 2 Serpa when I go to the range, but it's overkill when I just want to carry. If your looking for a Kydex OWB with the traditional look of a leather holster, Check out Armed Civiallian 556's channel on youtube. Unless the tacti-cool look is what your after.
    Just curious, what makes the SERPA "overkill" for EDC, IYO. The retention? I personally look at it the other way. I don't mind using a straight draw at the range but I would never OC in public with less than a Lvl 2 holster. Too easy for somebody to walk up and grab it while you're, say, handing your card to a cashier or something. Situational awareness is great and necessary but when you're in a crowded store in a line or something, there's only so much you can pay attention to at once.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Just curious, what makes the SERPA "overkill" for EDC, IYO. The retention? I personally look at it the other way. I don't mind using a straight draw at the range but I would never OC in public with less than a Lvl 2 holster. Too easy for somebody to walk up and grab it while you're, say, handing your card to a cashier or something. Situational awareness is great and necessary but when you're in a crowded store in a line or something, there's only so much you can pay attention to at once.
    That's why I CC. Well that and the "surprise" factor.
    Hi-Caliber Training & Tactics
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Not so much overkill like the Level 3's. I just think the tactical look is weird for EDC. Don't get me wrong, I do it on range days, and sometimes other times depending on where I go. But I think for the most part a regular leather holster looks and feels more the part. I think for the most part, those willing to steal a gun, would know how to disengage it, OR just rip if off completely. When it comes to a leather holster if you've never used one, if you try to rip the gun out but not in the right way, it's amazing the resistance it will have.

11. I guess I should have been a little more clear when posting but I plan on CC with whichever owb holster I decide to go with but opinions are what I'm after here so please opinionate away everyone haha. This will also be used for everday carry and I mean EVERYDAY when I say that lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast