CrossBreed Holsters customer service - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CrossBreed Holsters customer service

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjed View Post
    I have just purchased a new Super Tuck Holster, I have not recieved it yet but I was wondering if I could get some good ideas on breaking in and taking care of this holster? Newbee here and I want to thank you for your time and support in advance.
    Mine showed up in the mail and I was wearing it the next day. Break-in isn't a worry like with an all leather holster. Just make sure you are comfortable with the positioning and the cant, and make sure you are comfortable drawing.
    Chief

I gave my horsehide ST a light once-over with mink oil and had no issues with break-in at all It was comfy as could be by the 3rd day.

does the gun get allot of holster wear, due to the holster being made of kydex? I have always been a leather guy. Call me old fashion, but until a couple of years ago (when I bought my Smith and Wesson M&P) I did not like plastic frame pistolas.
    I have been thinking of getting one of these kydex holsters.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using USA Carry mobile app

The Kydex is a thin, sturdy (but somewhat flexible) plastic. Should be no wear on the weapon. Because they are form fitted to each gun type there isn't a lot of play in it, and it provides pretty good retention. Good thing about Crossbreed is that it has a lifetime warranty. If there are any problems ever they will fix or replace.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    The Kydex is a thin, sturdy (but somewhat flexible) plastic. Should be no wear on the weapon. Because they are form fitted to each gun type there isn't a lot of play in it, and it provides pretty good retention. Good thing about Crossbreed is that it has a lifetime warranty. If there are any problems ever they will fix or replace.
    Thanks I have to look into these a bit more. I'll have to get one for my combat Commander and my M&P :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Not true, kydex definitely wears depending on the finish of the gun. My Glocks have no wear after 5+ years in kydex but my Kimber had wear within 2 months. Kimber's finish is notoriously weak. It all depends on the gun.

Breaking in is putting it on and wearing it from the time you get up till you go to bed.

I have four because I have four guns I can carry. Their customer service has always been stellar. My primary holster stopped squeaking long ago. It's so well broken in now that it sometimes folds over on itself. I keep telling myself I'll add a stiffener in to stop that, but I never have. It's a minor nuisance. They'd probably send me a new holster if I asked, but then I'd have to break it in again.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12