Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW? - Page 12

View Poll Results: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 51.32%
  • No

31 40.79%
  • I have not make up my mind

6 7.89%
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    Just curious, if lasers and flashlights are so dangerous. Why oh why do all Spec Ops and SWAT teams use them.
    is their task self defense on the streets? on the streets anything that slows you down can be a death sentence.

if you want to teach people to wait until they have a their sights lined up perfectly or getting a red dot COM on an adversary in a street confrontation, or to "light him up"go right ahead, but IMHO humble opinion that is just bad for anyone to do

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    is their task self defense on the streets? on the streets anything that slows you down can be a death sentence.

if you want to teach people to wait until they have a their sights lined up perfectly or getting a red dot COM on an adversary in a street confrontation, or to "light him up"go right ahead, but IMHO humble opinion that is just bad for anyone to do
    APV you are kidding right? I am a proponent of point shooting, trained with Rex Applegate in 1976. But don't give me that chit that anything other than point shooting is deadly.
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    it is obvious that you do not comprehend what you are reading and then commenting on.
    for some a laser is a fine tool to assist in TARGET shooting
    to understand the basis for my opinions you need to grasp the concept that in an SD confrontation, micro seconds count and ANYTHING that would slow down someone from getting a first round off is detrimental to survival in a gun fight.
    I do not use holsters with retention snaps, I do not use safeties, I always have one chambered, I don't use flashlights and I certainly do not depend on sights of any kind in order to take my first couple of shots.
    you can continue to go to a range and place nice tight groups on the target at 25 feet and that is a fine skill to have but shooting like that does nothing to enhance your ability to come out alive after being a victim on the streets of the world.
    YMMV
    As I said before, does a laser mean me and my firearm can't point shoot? Can't use iron sights?

How about you stop assuming, everything. Stop assuming lasers are only used at the range. Stop assuming all sd situations are the same. Stop assuming I only go to the range and shoot at 25 yards. Stop assuming lasers slow someone else down.

To say point shooting is the end all self defense strategy is ridiculous. Point shooting in aurora, co (theatre) would of been a stupid decision. Point shooting in Clackamas, Or (mall) would of been a stupid decision.

The only one limiting himself is you. I can and do practice, "get off the x", point shooting, sighted shooting (irons, lasers, optics and yes on my handguns). Stop assuming you know it all and how everything will play out, there are better people in this world at shooting than you. Open your mind. The world is not a scene from 007, shooting from the hip is not the only way.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    APV you are kidding right? I am a proponent of point shooting, trained with Rex Applegate in 1976. But don't give me that chit that anything other than point shooting is deadly.
    who said that?
    what I say and what I have been saying is anything that slows you down, things like finding that red dot, lining up your sights, getting into a proper stance, flicking a safety, undoing a holster snap are all things that steal micro seconds from your ability to get your gun barking ASAP and in an SD situation losing ANY time is a recipe for becoming very dead.

6. What the hell are we talking about, the gun fight at the "OK" corral or a response to a noise in your home, grabbing your gun (Rifle, shotgun or pistol). Then proceeding to clear your home (If necessary) with a light and an aid so you can both see, and not hit your kids, once secure wait for the cops, OR proceeding in the dark looking for a quick draw duel. For God sakes we've got "Rooster Cogburn"Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?-rc.jpg "Fill Your Hand You Son Of A B----"

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercliff_46 View Post
    What the hell are we talking about, the gun fight at the "OK" corral or a response to a noise in your home, grabbing your gun (Rifle, shotgun or pistol). Then proceeding to clear your home (If necessary) with a light and an aid so you can both see, and not hit your kids, once secure wait for the cops, OR proceeding in the dark looking for a quick draw duel. For God sakes we've got "Rooster Cogburn"Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?-rc.jpg "Fill Your Hand You Son Of A B----"
    I would never leave the safety of my bedroom to clear my house, assume a planned out defensive posture and call and await the arrival of the police, there is nothing in the home worth getting into a battle over, however it they breach my bedroom door then it is on and at 15 feet or so the shotty doesn't need too much more than to be pointed in the right direction. as for the OK corral nonsense, maybe you are unaware of the typical SD situation, if not try learning before commenting.
    maybe you are the rooster cogburn who thinks he can shoot up all the time, I am not that guy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I would never leave the safety of my bedroom to clear my house, assume a planned out defensive posture and call and await the arrival of the police, there is nothing in the home worth getting into a battle over, however it they breach my bedroom door then it is on and at 15 feet or so the shotty doesn't need too much more than to be pointed in the right direction. as for the OK corral nonsense, maybe you are unaware of the typical SD situation, if not try learning before commenting.
    maybe you are the rooster cogburn who thinks he can shoot up all the time, I am not that guy.
    I agree with the not leaving the bedroom thing right now. But when kids are in the equation, they will be first priority. I would imagine that would be worth venturing out into the house.

I agree that when kids are in the house they are the most valuable things in the house. Nothing else is more important than making sure they are safe!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I agree that when kids are in the house they are the most valuable things in the house. Nothing else is more important than making sure they are safe!!
    100% in agreement, and that is why I included them in the scenario. Beyond that even though I am a former Deputy, I no longer am being paid to risk my butt. 911 gets called, lasers go on and the wife and I wait to see if the a-holes will walk into the bedroom. Maybe I should say, see if they make it past our 100+ pound hounds.

11. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    You are exactly that type of guy sonny. Maybe you ought to learn who your speaking too before shoveling your macho crap. I guess maybe you'd cower in your bed room and leave your kids on their own, at least that's what by YOUR words, you intimate. Why don't you (if at all possible) back out and keep quiet.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast