Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW? - Page 15

View Poll Results: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 51.32%
  • No

31 40.79%
  • I have not make up my mind

6 7.89%
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by 9MarineMike View Post
    If I wake up in the low light, without my glasses to see the sights.........hell yes, I 'm glad I have a laser!
    If I'm knocked to the ground, and have to try to defend myself from that position.......hell yes, I 'm glad I have a laser!
    If I have multiple attackers, and I have to move quickly from target to target............hell yes, I 'm glad I have a laser!

I can think of no 'down side' to having a laser!!!!
    Just one man's humble opinion.
    Now, there are some, maybe just one, who would say that with proper training you should be able to point shoot even in those conditions. As for me, I'm glad I have lasers on all of my SD pistols. I target shoot with my sights, but my laser is also set to where my pistol shoots because you never know when you might need it; and it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Just remember to stay up on your batteries. CrimsonTrace will give you one new battery per unit each year, but I keep spares on hand anyway. The thing to remember is that a laser sight is just one more tool you have available to you. On three of my SD pistols I also have night sights, and on my LCP I have applied luminous nail polish because it doesn't have night sights, but in low light I would probably just use my laser. The key is practice, practice, practice.

3. Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    No flaming or name calling. If you can't stay level headed in the forum then you will be banned.
    Aw let the poor guy ramble, after all, it's all he has. I feel sorry for him.

4. I am out of here this time. I am going to block the boring boar.

5. So lets just summarize what we've learned so that we can end what has become a pointless bickering argument:

1) having a laser offers benefits with little, if any cons, aside from the price (as long as you don't come to rely on it)

2) not having a laser is not necessarily a bad thing, you'll just have to make arrangements, whether it be from practice or whatever, for low/no light situations

3) if you want to keep bickering about what you can do with or without a laser, and/or keep the nagging argument going, exchange phone numbers and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    So lets just summarize what we've learned so that we can end what has become a pointless bickering argument:

1) having a laser offers benefits with little, if any cons, aside from the price (as long as you don't come to rely on it)

2) not having a laser is not necessarily a bad thing, you'll just have to make arrangements, whether it be from practice or whatever, for low/no light situations

3) if you want to keep bickering about what you can do with or without a laser, and/or keep the nagging argument going, exchange phone numbers and have at it.

Nothing satisfies like beating a dead horse. But about exchanging phone numbers, why would I want to give it to someone I don't care to know when I had to think long and hard before giving it to my wife?

7. Quote Originally Posted by bo_leggs View Post
    Nothing satisfies like beating a dead horse. But about exchanging phone numbers, why would I want to give it to someone I don't care to know when I had to think long and hard before giving it to my wife?
    I'm not saying you had to, that was just my suggestion if anyone thought that this dead horse needed anymore licks.

Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by Everclear View Post
    You should learn to aim & fire your weapon accuratly without depending on a crutch. Also they seem to get off calibration very easily. At the range I see these dots dancing all over targets and rarely does the round go where the dot is.
    Learn to use your weapon properly. Forget the novelty items.
    Also mounting a flashlight on your gun?? Yeah right. the light is an easy primary target.
    +1!

Laser are a gimmick for newbies.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Newbies like Travis Haley right? Or how about Chris Costa? What about our military that uses lasers? Gimmick right, holds no benefit that can be carried over to ccw....

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

OK, if you're in the gunfight at the OK Corral (in the dark) and you have to take the time to ignite a laser that does not automatically come on by squeezing the grip, then you might be at a disadvantage.
    -
    If you are worried about a "clean shoot" and don't want to appear to have an advantage over the bad guy, lasers are bad.
    -
    If you have the opinion that any confrontation you may have will be with you and the other guy standing and facing each other at 10 paces, a laser wont help.
    -
    If you can open your mind enough to consider that there are circumstances where a laser might be an advantage, and that the outcome of any gunfight doesn't care whether or not you had an advantage, then you can agree that stating blatantly "lasers are bad" is dumb.
    -
    I'm not trying to sell you one. I really don't care if you would personally use one if you had it. To say that they are bad, or a gimmick, is just a sign that your mind is closed. I heard about a few other gimmicks, like electricity and internal combustion engines.
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    OK, if you're in the gunfight at the OK Corral (in the dark) and you have to take the time to ignite a laser that does not automatically come on by squeezing the grip, then you might be at a disadvantage.
    -
    If you are worried about a "clean shoot" and don't want to appear to have an advantage over the bad guy, lasers are bad.
    -
    If you have the opinion that any confrontation you may have will be with you and the other guy standing and facing each other at 10 paces, a laser wont help.
    -
    If you can open your mind enough to consider that there are circumstances where a laser might be an advantage, and that the outcome of any gunfight doesn't care whether or not you had an advantage, then you can agree that stating blatantly "lasers are bad" is dumb.
    -
    I'm not trying to sell you one. I really don't care if you would personally use one if you had it. To say that they are bad, or a gimmick, is just a sign that your mind is closed. I heard about a few other gimmicks, like electricity and internal combustion engines.
    Amen! And that's why all of my carry pistols have lasers, and that little red dot sits right on top of my front sight at 15 yards, so either way I know where the hole will be when I pull the trigger.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast