Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 51.32%
  • No

31 40.79%
  • I have not make up my mind

6 7.89%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by bo_leggs View Post

Sure, I can use my iron sights, but my shooting with them isn't as accurate as using my laser, and that's why all of my pistols are getting laser sights. Those who diss them should shut their mouths because they might need them someday, and crow is terrible eating.
    a laser is fine for shooting at paper but in the real world in almost any SD situation the laser will slow you down and anything that slows you down, safeties, not carrying one in the chamber, shooting aides like lasers WILL GET YOU VERY DEAD.
    in a confrontation the one who gets rounds into his adversary first usually wins.
    YMMV

as for you guys using your IRON sights, y'all need to learn how to point shoot. even lining up your sights in a confrontation will slow you down and get you killed

ezkl2230 Guest
    My home is never completely dark. Certain lights are on so that a bad guy is backlit while I remain in the shadows. I won't have any trouble seeing him, but he's going to have a difficult time finding me.

5. Pray that you never have a storm. If you do you'll need ay least a flashlight. Where I live power outages are the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    as for you guys using your IRON sights, y'all need to learn how to point shoot. even lining up your sights in a confrontation will slow you down and get you killed
    Ya and being lazy and "point shooting" as you call it, can very easily get an innocent bystander killed. You're not shooting daddy's shotgun at clays on the back forty anymore. You're posts get more arrogant every time and berating somebody for simply using sights during a confrontation is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Ya and being lazy and "point shooting" as you call it, can very easily get an innocent bystander killed. You're not shooting daddy's shotgun at clays on the back forty anymore. You're posts get more arrogant every time and berating somebody for simply using sights during a confrontation is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.
    are you really comparing a blast from a shot gun to a shot from a hand gun by a decently skilled point shooter?
    you are blinded by your ignorance. do me a favor and don't bother responding until you get a half of a clue

are you really comparing a blast from a shot gun to a shot from a hand gun by a decently skilled point shooter?
    you are blinded by your ignorance. do me a favor and don't bother responding until you get a half of a clue
    Do me a favor and turn over your guns to somebody that's willing to put in the time and effort to practice and learn to shoot properly. You're laziness and arrogance is going to get somebody killed.

Do me a favor and turn over your guns to somebody that's willing to put in the time and effort to practice and learn to shoot properly. You're laziness and arrogance is going to get somebody killed.
    shoot properly? is that where you put nice tight little holes in paper at 50 feet or so while maintaining proper breath control?? bwhahahaha, you are a statistic in waiting, the one day a BG comes for you he'll put his mag into you while you try to get the safety off, rack the slide and line up the laser, bwahahahahha
    why am I laughing? the sad thing is that there are so many inept aholes like this running around carrying guns that they don't know how to operate safely and effectively. speed kills, lack of it gets you killed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by no2gates View Post
    Only potential problem with a weapon light, is that's where the BG now knows where to aim his weapon.
    There's different methods to using a flashlight while armed. You could pulse the light to get an image of where things are, you can hold the flashlight up under the chin, or at an off angle while looking into dark rooms from an angleto give the intruder a false target...if you have a durable flashlight that is meant to withstand a toss or two, you could roll the light into the room, you could use your foot to press the button...in your own home you should be able to navigate in the dark and only use a flashlight for target identification. Your brain is more important than the flashlight. Always have a plan. As much as a man's home is his castle, leaving is always better than an armed confrontation, and going unnoticed will save you. Make an exit strategy.

Blog Entries
    With practice, you can develop muscle memory and always have a proper sight picture off the draw. After a while, using the sights becomes the same as pointing.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast