Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW? - Page 8

View Poll Results: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 51.32%
  • No

31 40.79%
  • I have not make up my mind

6 7.89%
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercliff_46 View Post
    All this argument is about is machismo. "Oh mine is bigger then yours, cuz I use iron sights." then you better take the scope off your rifle, then tell a sniper he has no balls because he is using night vision. If bull **** was music you guys would be brass bands. Lasers are an aid like any other. If you can't see that, then you voted for Obama.
    maybe you haven't noticed but the forum you are on is CONCEALED CARRY, a sniper is doing a very different thing than a guy who is carrying a concealed handgun, completely different skill sets are in play.

Quote Originally Posted by bo_leggs View Post
    What a laser will do is show us where the bullet will hit the BG. If the dot is on the BG, that is where the bullet will go. It is also a lot quicker to get on target than getting into the "proper" stance, aim, and shoot. Silvercliff_46 is correct when he says it is about "machismo". You anti-laser guys seem to think that you are better (more manly?) than those of us who see lasers as a legitimate tool that is available to us. All of the pistols I have purchased in the last month also have "night" sights; do you also see those as less manly, too? Should I be forced to paint over those luminous dots on my iron sights, too, when I'm supposed to remove my laser sight to increase my manliness? A laser sight is a legitimate tool that is available to us so get over it or take the scopes off your rifles.
    enjoy your laser, in a SD situation depending on that crutch will more than likely get you all shot up.
    YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by bo_leggs View Post
    What a laser will do is show us where the bullet will hit the BG. If the dot is on the BG, that is where the bullet will go. It is also a lot quicker to get on target than getting into the "proper" stance, aim, and shoot. Silvercliff_46 is correct when he says it is about "machismo". You anti-laser guys seem to think that you are better (more manly?) than those of us who see lasers as a legitimate tool that is available to us. All of the pistols I have purchased in the last month also have "night" sights; do you also see those as less manly, too? Should I be forced to paint over those luminous dots on my iron sights, too, when I'm supposed to remove my laser sight to increase my manliness? A laser sight is a legitimate tool that is available to us so get over it or take the scopes off your rifles.
    you too must be confused, this isn't about scopes on rifles this is about the skills and tools necessary to defend yourself against bad guys on the street. google tueller drill for a sample of one scenario you may have to deal with one day. lining up your laser will get you seriously injured or killed.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    do all of you guys who think that your lasers will guide you to placing your shot COM really think that if you are ever in a situation where a BG is threatening you and you have to use your weapon to defend your life that the bad guy will wait until you have him sighted in, that the laser dot is in the perfect place before you pull the trigger?
    here's a hint for y'all, you will find yourself full of holes because the BG will not bother with lasers, sights or anything else.
    as one of my SD trainers so eloquently put it, he who gets his shots off first usually wins and in battles of this nature you always want to win.
    YMMV
    Let me correct that for you.........He who gets the first shot ON target usually wins......................
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    Let me correct that for you.........He who gets the first shot ON target usually wins......................
    Interesting concept...

Sent from my NSA screened Smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    don't you worry, if I shoot it is on target

8. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    don't you worry, if I shoot it is on target
    Hahahaha! again if Bull **** was music you'd be a brass band sonny.

Blog Entries
    if you are waiting to get the gun up to a point that your eyes can pick up the sights before firing, you are a victim, at close range, under 3-4 yards my gun is barking as soon as it clears the holster
    If your gun is barking as soon as it is out of the holster, you are going to be in for an unpleasant surprise once you realize your attacker is unharmed. Adrenaline dump can be a *****.
    you and his military training or even killing bad guns in a war like situation is a far cry from knowing how to use your weapon on the streets to protect yourself
    Streets? Like Hayfa, Al Mahdi and Fatah square? I didn't get killed on any of those...

Blog Entries
    you too must be confused, this isn't about scopes on rifles this is about the skills and tools necessary to defend yourself against bad guys on the street. google tueller drill for a sample of one scenario you may have to deal with one day. lining up your laser will get you seriously injured or killed.
    So will point shooting at someone who crossed 21 feet in under a second and a half to stick you with a knife. He will be on you before you even get your shirt out of the way. Then he will get your gun. Quit being rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    So will point shooting at someone who crossed 21 feet in under a second and a half to stick you with a knife. He will be on you before you even get your shirt out of the way. Then he will get your gun. Quit being rediculous.
    you are clueless

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast