Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    39 51.32%
  • No

    31 40.79%
  • I have not make up my mind

    6 7.89%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 193

Thread: Do you believe that a laser is beneficial on a CCW?

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you are clueless
    You're the one without an actual response. Just name calling.

  2.   
  3. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    IMHO.......without reading all the posts. (some of you need to take a break) I would say ANYTHING that aids and assists is beneficial. My wife just bought a S&W642 with a crimson trace. She does not have the years training I have but we're working on it. It assists her on exact placement on her second round follow up. I was taught two rounds, evaluate and repeat if necessary. I teach her the same way I was instructed. On her draw and clear, she hit 5-6" inch dia in CM, second round 2-3" at 3-5-7 yrd line. She's learning and it assists her. I'm pro anything that helps.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Your attacker or attackers do not have to be armed to be deadly.

  5. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you too must be confused, this isn't about scopes on rifles this is about the skills and tools necessary to defend yourself against bad guys on the street. google tueller drill for a sample of one scenario you may have to deal with one day. lining up your laser will get you seriously injured or killed.
    You are finally correct!!! Laser sights are just one more tool that we can use to defend ourselves, so get over it already. You can also tell if your laser is on target faster than getting your iron sights on target, but you won't want to hear that, however, when you're bringing your pistol up to use your iron sights, you can see where the laser is all that time.

  6. #85
    Okay, I watched the Tueller drill, but I'm not impressed because the people know what's coming and are set for it. In a real life situation, they wouldn't know it was coming. The people shown were also open carrying, it would be a whole lot different if they were pocket carrying or were using an IWB holster. What we are talking about, like you even admitted, is using the tools necessary, and laser sights are just one more tool, like the night sights on all of my carry pistols. Are we going to have to take those off, too, just to satisfy you, apvbguy?

  7. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by bo_leggs View Post
    You are finally correct!!! Laser sights are just one more tool that we can use to defend ourselves, so get over it already. You can also tell if your laser is on target faster than getting your iron sights on target, but you won't want to hear that, however, when you're bringing your pistol up to use your iron sights, you can see where the laser is all that time.
    in most SD situations you will be dead long before you are able to line your iron sights or your laser sights. until y'all learn how to point shoot, you are all potential victims

  8. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    in most SD situations you will be dead long before you are able to line your iron sights or your laser sights. until y'all learn how to point shoot, you are all potential victims
    Listen junior, I'm not only a vet, but a former Deputy Sheriff, trained in firearms by the FBI. I know guns, and how to use them. Don't lay your B.S. on me, because I'm not buying it. If you want to play "Rooster Cogburn" go ahead. I'm not even saying your wrong, because what you advocate is ok, if your in proper light so you can ID your target instantly, AND what is behind, and around it. Frankly I don't think you have it in you to admit you made a mistake. You just keep arguing your point no matter how foolish you look. So if you want to keep flapping your guns, be my guest, your just not worth the effort anymore.

  9. #88
    A laser is just another tool. If it is your only method of aiming and it goes on the fritz you have a problem. Learn, train and practice all three types of aiming. Sighted fire, flash sight picture fire and index (sometimes called point shooting, reflex shooting or threat focused).
    BTTBBOB
    President & Chief Instructor
    www.sflagunschool.com

  10. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercliff_46 View Post
    Listen junior, I'm not only a vet, but a former Deputy Sheriff, trained in firearms by the FBI. I know guns, and how to use them. Don't lay your B.S. on me, because I'm not buying it. If you want to play "Rooster Cogburn" go ahead. I'm not even saying your wrong, because what you advocate is ok, if your in proper light so you can ID your target instantly, AND what is behind, and around it. Frankly I don't think you have it in you to admit you made a mistake. You just keep arguing your point no matter how foolish you look. So if you want to keep flapping your guns, be my guest, your just not worth the effort anymore.
    another mall ninja? at 3 feet, which is what the majority of SD situations occur in, if you are properly trained you really don't need to do much more than pull the trigger.
    any time you care to visit my little slice of FLA please contact me, we can go shooting at my FOP range and I guarantee you that at anywhere from 1 to 8 feet I will draw and fire and put every round into an 8 inch paper plate. if you want to play come on down

  11. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Clarification please, if I put a laser on my firearm, I can no longer point shoot? Or use iron sights?

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast