CC methods for full size pistol?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CC methods for full size pistol?

Hi all,

I recently bought a Glock 21 gen 4. I wasn't really thinking of it for a CCW, but right now it's my only handgun and it might be so for a while. I haven't gone for my CC permit yet. I wanted to ask those of you who CC a full size pistol, especially Glock, XD, FNP 45, etc., what your preferred method of carry is? What works best for you?
    For reference I'm pretty much a medium sized guy, 5-10, 185, fairly athletic build for my age (56) and no gut overhang. I frequently wear shirttails out, so that's a normal look for me that would help with concealment but a G21 is still a big gun to hide. I do figure on getting something smaller when I can but budget's tight and I'll wait until I can get what I really want specifically for CC.
    So far I've looked at Crossbreed, a couple of the manpurse kind of rigs - Maxpeditions, SafePacker, and one other from Hawke packs that's a fanny pack kind of thing (looks better than it sounds, but still a fanny pack) that will conceal a large pistol with the barrel extending into a concealed space in the waistband - interesting idea because it doesn't look big enough to hold anything larger than a big smartphone. I don't really like the idea of an off body carry though, except it would make concealment easier. Safepacker can stay looped to your belt but dang, it would be kind of like wearing a medium sized notebook on your belt and I would think it's going to catch on stuff all the time.

So, what works for you, and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

I carry a G22 and a 5" 1911 in an old faithful hip rig. Only wear an untucked Hawaiian or work shirt and the gun disappears. Best advice I have is get a good gun belt!
    Guns.??? What Guns???

4. As posted on FB. I carry a Taurus 24/7 .45 ACP in a Crossbreed holster. Works perfect for me. Spend the extra, get a Crossbreed. You'll forget it's there.

I carry a g22 most of the time IWB, I've rotated it out for now for a fn57 which is even larger.

Look at Aegis Armory, they make a nice hybrid holster for In the Waistband and it has belt slots so You can also carry Outside the Waistband on Your belt. They start at $55 and come in different leather and kydex colors. I don't have one yet, but Youtube has some good reviews on them.

Drzzit's S4

OWB in a pancake leather holster with shirt hanging out.
    Vietnam Veteran 1966 - 1970 USASA
    Bersa Thunder 9 HC Pro - I've never had a failure of any kind with it.
    Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

I carry a G22 IWB with the Crossbreed Super Tuck and an extra mag (sometimes 2) with the Crossbreed IWB Mag Carrier. Very comfortable with pants a size or 2 bigger than I need. I may wear my T-shirts larger than some, but they hide well. I have a similar body shape as you, just a bit shorter. I fully recommend a Crossbreed.

I do recommend a good gun belt!!!! It goes without saying, if you carry a good handgun, carry in a good holster, and carry that holster on a good gun belt. It can make all the difference in comfort and concealment. I use a cheap 5.11 Tactical gun belt. It's not as fancy or as high quality as some others out there, but it gets the job done on a budget.

Good luck in your journey! Let us know how it goes!

9. I'm carrying my XDm .45 4.5 full size now since my XDs have gone back to the doctor office now, but I'm about your size just about 200, '5 11'. I only have one holster for my XDm which I'm planning on get another one for it, most of the holster I have are for the Xds. I carry my XDm in a Blade-Tech holster which is a iwb and owb holster, I found out that wearing it about 3-3.30 on my hip mostly wearing 3.30. I was wear it yesterday and I went over to my mother apartment and she couldn't even tell I was wearing it until I show her. I too am a athletic build gentlemen, I lift heavy weight and I run a lot so this work for me.

I am a big fan of 3speed Holster.
    http://3speedholster.com

Sent from my SGH-M919 using USA Carry mobile app

K.L. Null "Vampire" Crossdraw Driving Holster for my Glock 21 & my 1911's. Versatile & all day comfortable. Bianchi Lawman Holster for my Vaquero .44 Magnum-also all day comfortable.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast