Best ankle holster for S&W 642 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Best ankle holster for S&W 642

  1. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I'm with my county's Reserve Division of the Sheriff's department. I have to say your reserves are taken care of well. All my equipment I had to purchase myself. The only thing that they supplied were radios and a yellow mesh traffic vest. Our uniform, duty belt, firearm, cuffs, flashlight, pepper spray, etc. we had to buy ourselves. When all was said and done, and ammo taken into consideration for the firearms training, I was about $3200 poorer. It's been great training (the training was free) and it's been quite an eye-opener as to what is expected from us on details and the state of readiness that is expected from us.
    Damn! I couldn't afford to fork out that much for a volunteer job. That's how our state constables are though, they have to pay for everything including the class. He said the only thing they don't pay for for us is our underwear, socks, and boots. They would provide .38's and a taser, they just don't have them.

    But speaking of boots, what do you use on duty? I'm trying to find a decent pair but don't really know what I'm looking for.

  2.   
  3. #12
    need an above-calf strap, for sure, or it will sag down around your arches. :-) I can't help it if I know a lot, type swiftly and have dealt with these sorts of issues for 45 years. dude. If you don't like my posts, all you have to do is not read them, ya know? If you know so MUCH more than me, how come YOU aint doing all this posting,hmmm?

  4. Best ankle holster for S&W 642

    Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    need an above-calf strap, for sure, or it will sag down around your arches. :-) I can't help it if I know a lot, type swiftly and have dealt with these sorts of issues for 45 years. dude. If you don't like my posts, all you have to do is not read them, ya know? If you know so MUCH more than me, how come YOU aint doing all this posting,hmmm?
    I don't claim to have all the knowledge. I learn all kinds of stuff on here all the time. I'm not afraid of asking questions. Coming on here and just telling people how everything should be your way isn't exactly the best way to get off on the right foot. I don't care how much experience you have, I can say I have 50 years experience but we need a little more to go on than just you saying that to just take your word for it. But anyways, I do have a calf strap for it, but the gun still wants to sag a bit.

    And I think revolvers have definitely proven themselves for many many years and I doubt you're just going to come along all of the sudden and discredit them by your opinion. Plus, how many cops have you ever met that carry their backup weapon in their front pocket? I'll tell you how many I've met...0. And if I kick somebody, it's gonna have to be with my right leg. That's my strong side. And ankle rigs are generally worn on the inside, opposite of your strong side. So I wouldn't be kicking anyone with an ankle rig.

  5. #14
    ok, you've never met Mas Ayoob, Ken Hackathorn or Jim Cirillo. I have. :-) Just because a bunch of people are ignorant of the advantages of a thing doesnt make that thing a bad idea. It just makes those people ignorant of the facts. you only have one good leg? I was trained to be as ambidextrous as possible, with all techniques. Chic gaylord taught the ankle carry as being on the outside of the strong side leg. Perhaps you have more claim to fame as a ccw rig maker or draw speed than Chic? Do you even know who he was? He was THE supplier of ccw rigs to the NYPD, back in the 60's, and Paris Theodore bought him out, to establish Seventrees, Ltd. It's not me who doesn't know the score, here. :-)

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Damn! I couldn't afford to fork out that much for a volunteer job. That's how our state constables are though, they have to pay for everything including the class. He said the only thing they don't pay for for us is our underwear, socks, and boots. They would provide .38's and a taser, they just don't have them.

    But speaking of boots, what do you use on duty? I'm trying to find a decent pair but don't really know what I'm looking for.
    I love my Bates Ultra Lites. Extremely comfortable.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    ok, you've never met Mas Ayoob, Ken Hackathorn or Jim Cirillo. I have. :-) Just because a bunch of people are ignorant of the advantages of a thing doesnt make that thing a bad idea. It just makes those people ignorant of the facts. you only have one good leg? I was trained to be as ambidextrous as possible, with all techniques. Chic gaylord taught the ankle carry as being on the outside of the strong side leg. Perhaps you have more claim to fame as a ccw rig maker or draw speed than Chic? Do you even know who he was? He was THE supplier of ccw rigs to the NYPD, back in the 60's, and Paris Theodore bought him out, to establish Seventrees, Ltd. It's not me who doesn't know the score, here. :-)
    And now he's a name dropper... does that mean since I met Warren Buffet I'm now a financial genius?

    Thru, you may be all that you say you are, however, you just started out on these forums and have come across as belittling, demeaning, and with an attitude of you know the best way and everyone else is wrong. All we are saying is if you truly are this well-versed then teach, don't placate... show the people on the forum the right way, don't condemn. Does that make sense? Because they way you are coming across, a lot of people are just going to tune you out and not take you seriously.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I love my Bates Ultra Lites. Extremely comfortable.
    Yeah I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about Bates. Do you see the need for any type of safety toe in your experience? Seems like half the forums I find everyone says "definitely" and the other half everyone says "pointless".

  9. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    And now he's a name dropper... does that mean since I met Warren Buffet I'm now a financial genius?

    Thru, you may be all that you say you are, however, you just started out on these forums and have come across as belittling, demeaning, and with an attitude of you know the best way and everyone else is wrong. All we are saying is if you truly are this well-versed then teach, don't placate... show the people on the forum the right way, don't condemn. Does that make sense? Because they way you are coming across, a lot of people are just going to tune you out and not take you seriously.
    I met Donald Rumsfeld once! I can't wait to be the Secretary of Defense one day!

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    And now he's a name dropper... does that mean since I met Warren Buffet I'm now a financial genius?
    Duh, of course it does! Just like the fact that I competed with an Olympic alternate when I was a kid and won high score of the day means I'm worthy of a gold medal.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    Yeah I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about Bates. Do you see the need for any type of safety toe in your experience? Seems like half the forums I find everyone says "definitely" and the other half everyone says "pointless".
    Depends upon your type of details. If you are busting through doors, I'd say yes. If you are standing on your feet or walking for extended periods of time, I'd say no.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast