Shrinking a holster?

Thread: Shrinking a holster?

Shrinking a holster?

Is it possible?

Purchased a de santis mini scabbard for my Ruger LCP with CT laser but even with the rubber spacer removed it is too loose.

Was thinking of wetting the leather and wrapping the pistol in plastic and putting it in the holster, leaving it there as the holster dries?

Comments?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

If you do decide to do that, I would not put plastic around the gun, since the added volume of the plastic may still may keep the holster loose. Make sure you put a good film of RemOil, or other such product on the gun before you place it into the wet leather. Moisture and guns don't play nice with one another, as you know with the plastic suggestion.

Question, though: was this particular holster purchased specifically as an LCP holster? If so, then I would get in touch with whom you purchased it from and comment that their holster made for this particular firearm does not work as advertised.

Also, welcome to the forums.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    If you do decide to do that, I would not put plastic around the gun, since the added volume of the plastic may still may keep the holster loose. Make sure you put a good film of RemOil, or other such product on the gun before you place it into the wet leather. Moisture and guns don't play nice with one another, as you know with the plastic suggestion.

Question, though: was this particular holster purchased specifically as an LCP holster? If so, then I would get in touch with whom you purchased it from and comment that their holster made for this particular firearm does not work as advertised.

Also, welcome to the forums.
    Yes it was supposed to be specifically for the Ruger LCP with the Crimson Trace Laser. The shape is correct for the pistol it just does not provide a safe fit. I have contacted De Santis several days ago but have yet to receive a response...not very great customer relations.

Quote Originally Posted by PeglegJones View Post
    Yes it was supposed to be specifically for the Ruger LCP with the Crimson Trace Laser. The shape is correct for the pistol it just does not provide a safe fit. I have contacted De Santis several days ago but have yet to receive a response...not very great customer relations.
    Sorry to hear you aren't getting great service. Keep us abreast of any developments with them helping you (or not helping you).
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

De Santis has not responded to my emails.

7. I worked for a leather boot company for a few years. Leather will stretch...the other way I don't think you have any luck except by having the leather re-stiched

Go Seahawks!