Help me please!!!! Sos!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me please!!!! Sos!!!

Help me please!!!! Sos!!!

Ok as i said in the other topic my holster and double mag came in today. But i am a Numb nuts and do not know where it should go (Before you think i should be in a SPED CLASS) I know it goes on the belt. What i meant was how far back? or s it just up to to me? Could you post photos of you holster on the belts so i can see how it should look. I feel like a clown really bad lol. I have the double mag on the left and the KA-bar is in my back. I have never had a holster on my before so i am not sure how it should feel but i feel out of place.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Exclamation It is a personal choice

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Ok as i said in the other topic my holster and double mag came in today. But i am a Numb nuts and do not know where it should go (Before you think i should be in a SPED CLASS) I know it goes on the belt. What i meant was how far back? or s it just up to to me? Could you post photos of you holster on the belts so i can see how it should look. I feel like a clown really bad lol. I have the double mag on the left and the KA-bar is in my back. I have never had a holster on my before so i am not sure how it should feel but i feel out of place.
    You need to put the weapon where it is most comfortable, conceilable and still facilitates a good presentation. Remember when withdrawing the weapon...keep your dang finger completely out of the trigger well until you are ready to shoot.

You need to try different positions until you are comfortable with what you have. Nobody is going to chastise you for what works.

Like we used to say in the military...if it's stupid but it works...it ain't stupid.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thank you i think i got it now it feels good. Big problem is i don't have a gun to put in it or the mags. So what feels good now may not feel good later on. Another problem is i am trying to do with with pants that are too big for me now. But when i get the gun i am getting a whole new closet of clothes. I love the side snaps makes it a lot of fun to take it on and off with out having to take the belt off. IDK i may pick up a assisted open knife and take the TDI ka-bar off the belt.

I'm with Festus. The spot that feels comfortable to you may not for me. I carry my Kimber IWB between 2:00 and 3:00. It just seems to conform to my body perfect there. Comfortable to stand, walk, or sit and easy to draw. I also carry an extra mag a 9:00 and a assisted open knife in my left pocket.

So once you get your pistol, holster up and move it around till you find the sweet spot!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

A good start is along the seam line where your arm hangs natural.I carry mag and flash light on my left side at about 8 o'clock.Remember that all hardware including gun should be able to access with weak hand.

You put it where it's most comfortable. A warning about having it on your hip bone, you can cause nerve damage from having a hunk of steel or alloy on your body there. It's a common work related injury for undercover LEOs and armed professionals. I also had the precursor to those issues when I went to the NRA Annual Meetings in Louisville earlier this year after walking around the exhibit hall for a couple of days. The solution was just to carry the firearm farther back so it is resting on the gluts rather than the hip bone so you have no nerve compression related issues from standing or walking for extended periods of time.

The key having your CCW being another thing you routinely put on like you belt, cell phone and socks is to carry comfortably. If it's not comfortable, you'll leave it in the car or at home which defeats the purpose of getting your endorsement, license or permit to begin with.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

8. Help me please

Don't feel bad, when I was in the academy, I asked one of the instructors how to set up my duty belt. He said most officers pretty much set them up the same way, because they copy the cops they respect. He said to place the items on my duty belt in the way that was most comfortable for me and that I could use all my gear with the fewest stretches or fumbles. It took about a month of experimenting to get my belt set up to workl the best for me. IT just takes a little time and experience, Good luck, my friend.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

This is something you need to discover for yourself. Just practice with an unloaded gun at different positions on your belt and adjust the cant until you find which position is the most comfortable and facilitates the fastest draw for you.

LOL cant adjust the cant as it's a Leather holster...

I found that I'm most comfortable walking around right behind the hipbone (3:15-3:30 w/ 12:00 being my navel). To sit sometimes it ends up getting adjusted a bit forward so it doesn't get crammed into the chair, but I'm one of those crazy OC guys (OWB carry PT92).

If I know I'm going to be getting up and down a lot I'll put it right over my right front pocket. I have taken to carrying my wallet and keys and such in the left so I don't freak people out.

Try different things until you find what's comfortable. I honestly don't know how I would carry IWB short of a "SmartCarry" Never tried it though, might work better if I didn't have a full-framed automatic.
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast