conceal carryof knives

Thread: conceal carryof knives

1. conceal carryof knives

How come many states with concealed carry for guns don't allow conceal carry of knives?

Cause they are silly, as my kid would say.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

fixed blade, folders, concealed or open carry, blade lengths allowed.. all of it varies not only by state, but in many cases, even by county.

KNIFE LAWS of the 50 STATES - Introduction and LINKS

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Handgunlaw.us

Use the above links to cross reference the answer to your question. Then go to the website for any state you plan to visit, and verify that information. Laws change often. The state websites for weapon laws are the best source of data.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    fixed blade, folders, concealed or open carry, blade lengths allowed.. all of it varies not only by state, but in many cases, even by county.

KNIFE LAWS of the 50 STATES - Introduction and LINKS

Use the above links to cross reference the answer to your question. Then go to the website for any state you plan to visit, and verify that information. Laws change often. The state websites for weapon laws are the best source of data.
    Apparently they're not very up to date. At least not Kansas. As of July 1, switchblades ARE legal and in fact the only things not legal are throwing stars, and (I believe) brass knuckles. I was surprised to see so many push-button switchblades at the last gun show and asked one of the vendors about it.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

Quote Originally Posted by bloodbuzz View Post
    How come many states with concealed carry for guns don't allow conceal carry of knives?
    Because politicians who write the laws are ignorant jackholes that have no idea what personal protection means; they have no idea what other uses there are for a pocket knife; and they are generally on a power trip telling the rest of the world how they should live. Does that answer your question?

If you look for logic and reason in an arena in which it doesn't exist, you will go bat sh-it crazy.

BTW, welcome to the forums... we hope you enjoy your stay here. :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

7. I've always carried a knife and with the exception of switchblades I never thought any other type of blade would be illegal in some states. This brings up a really good point, as a diver I would always have at least one knife on me and as a CCW I always carry a fold out carbon fiber Sig blade for any need. Thanks for posting the link, this information should be more talked about as I know most CCW's carry one or two knives for secondary defense or utility. It would be silly to be legally carrying your gun with your permit to find out your knife gets you into trouble.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Flath View Post
    I've always carried a knife and with the exception of switchblades I never thought any other type of blade would be illegal in some states. This brings up a really good point, as a diver I would always have at least one knife on me and as a CCW I always carry a fold out carbon fiber Sig blade for any need. Thanks for posting the link, this information should be more talked about as I know most CCW's carry one or two knives for secondary defense or utility. It would be silly to be legally carrying your gun with your permit to find out your knife gets you into trouble.
    Absolutely. I always carry a Kershaw Scallion - not a switchblade, but it might as well be because of the 'trigger' design and the spring assist opening. Great little knife and American made. I grabbed mine on Ebay, but you can pick them up on Amazon too: Amazon.com: Kershaw Scallion Frame Lock Serrated Knife: Sports & Outdoors
    or at Cabela's: Kershaw Knives Sale : Cabela's

9. Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    Apparently they're not very up to date. At least not Kansas. As of July 1, switchblades ARE legal and in fact the only things not legal are throwing stars, and (I believe) brass knuckles. I was surprised to see so many push-button switchblades at the last gun show and asked one of the vendors about it.
    Peggy they've changed the law in Kansas? Last time I looked it up I found the same ole law I had been seeing. Do you have a link to the updated version ?

Sent from my XT907 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tutter ball View Post
    Peggy they've changed the law in Kansas? Last time I looked it up I found the same ole law I had been seeing. Do you have a link to the updated version ?

Sent from my XT907 using USA Carry mobile app
    No, this was just from talking to several vendors at a gun show in Dodge City a couple weeks ago. Since they were all selling switchblades (push button), I figured they must know more about it than I did. It supposedly went into effect at the same time that concealed carry was allowed in most government buildings.
    They watch those gun shows pretty close, so I doubt if they'd be selling anything illegal out in the open like they were.
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup