How heavy is your CCW gun?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How heavy is your CCW gun?

I was wondering what weight guns people are concealed carrying. I know some carry the 11-13 ounce guns, but was wondering about 20-40 ounce guns. I am looking at a 22-30 ounce gun in the options I'm considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My S&W E Series 1911 comes in a 39.8 ounces. Carries great.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargain View Post
    My S&W E Series 1911 comes in a 39.8 ounces. Carries great.
    That is one of the guns I am thinking about along with a .357 Ruger SP101. I was thinking about the SW1911sc, but am thinking the stainless steel SW1911 is more durable.

My CC is what it takes to carry the cost of freedom. Beats carrying a 220 pound cop on my belt.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

How do you measure weight? Empty? Loaded with full mag + 1 in the chamber? My XDM-45 4.5" with 13+1 weighs 42 oz (on a digital postal scale.) "Official" weight says 31oz with an empty mag. My Colt XSE official weight is 36oz. The XDM loaded weighs 5 oz less than the Colt XSE with 8+1 on the same digital scale.

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

Loaded, mine is about 34 oz. Glock G22 full size, 15+1 .40 cal. I carry two mags as well that register in at about 24 oz. So all toll, on my belt, I have about 58 oz hanging off of me.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I was carrying a Glock 27 until I bought the Smith and I haven't been sorry. It actually carries a lot more comfortable than the Glock did. I have nothing against Glock but since the Smith is thinner across the top it's a lot more comfortable to carry in my opinion. I regularly carry it in a Panther Concealment IWB holster all day with just a tshirt for cover with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargain View Post
    I was carrying a Glock 27 until I bought the Smith and I haven't been sorry. It actually carries a lot more comfortable than the Glock did. I have nothing against Glock but since the Smith is thinner across the top it's a lot more comfortable to carry in my opinion. I regularly carry it in a Panther Concealment IWB holster all day with just a tshirt for cover with no problems.
    Thanks! I will look into that holster too.

16.4 oz. without magazine; 18.2 oz. with magazine

Quote Originally Posted by mwhals View Post
    Thanks! I will look into that holster too.

Don't believe you would be sorry with the gun or the holster.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast