Noisey holster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noisey holster

1. Noisey holster

I picked up a OTW and have worn it for a week. Its a hybrid Leather/kydek and when worn makes a leather to leather squeak. Is there anything I can do to stop the noise?

3. It will go away when it breaks in. I've helped stop it by either rubbing baby powder into the leather or rubbing a wax candle into it. Don't use any oil as it weakens the leather. The baby powder worked for me every time.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar888 View Post
    It will go away when it breaks in. I've helped stop it by either rubbing baby powder into the leather or rubbing a wax candle into it. Don't use any oil as it weakens the leather. The baby powder worked for me every time.
    I would do what we used to do with our softball gloves, Neets Foot Oil , soften & preserves the leather

steve

5. Oil is not recommended for holsters by many experts as it weakens the leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar888 View Post
    Oil is not recommended for holsters by many experts as it weakens the leather.
    What about Saddle Soap?

7. Noisey holster

I wouldn't recommend that either as it too can damage and weaken the leather and any stitching.
    Busting the Saddle Soap Myth

Candle wax is proven to work on holsters. better stick with that. It will eventually wear off by it's self.

9. Candle wax or working it in with baby powder will quit it till it's broken in.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar888 View Post
    Candle wax or working it in with baby powder will quit it till it's broken in.
    Is there any professional leather wax that works in a similar way.

11. If your averse to regular candle wax get this.
    https://www.otterwax.com/collections...nt=18019901253

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast