Conceal carry for smaller guy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Conceal carry for smaller guy

  1. Conceal carry for smaller guy

    I've been carrying for about a year now. I've never really had a problem with printing or anything but I wanna know some different ways other people carry so I can try them out. I carry a S&W SD40VE. I'm about 5'10 and weight 150. I'm also open to holster suggestions.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdewitt418 View Post
    I've been carrying for about a year now. I've never really had a problem with printing or anything but I wanna know some different ways other people carry so I can try them out. I carry a S&W SD40VE. I'm about 5'10 and weight 150. I'm also open to holster suggestions.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry
    I think you are going to find the 40's slightly too snappy than desirable, but certainly not an inferior choice.

    Any 9x19, 40, or 45ACP is a good choice.

    As long as you wear a sweatshirt or sweater of some kind, and/or a jacket over it, you should not have any problem with imprinting.

    I wear a cut-off sweatshirt in summers and long sleeved sweatshirt in winters.

    I have a thin jacket for summer nights and several thick jackets for winter.

    The best place to wear your gun is at the 3 oclock position on your hip and IWB. That way the muzzle does not stick out.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    I am 5'7" and 140 lbs. I carry a Glock 19 and sometimes the bugger Glock 20 in an NSR LLC-4 using an SOE velcro-lined belt. This IWB holster is extremely comfortable, as it is a kydex holster with leather lining on the outside. It also takes very little room. It is extremely easy to conceal as the belt keeps the holster close to the body. The belt also is very rigid and distributes weight around the body. I use the velcro backing of the belt to mate with velcro strips that I glues on the inside of the holster loops. This prevents the holster from moving around.

    I carry spare magazines in a BlackHawk Double Mag Double Stack holster. This OWB magazine holster rides high and close to the body. It is very concealable, while the mags can be easily grabbed.

    For open carry, I use a Safariland 7TS holster with ALS/SLS. I have moved away from the BlackHawk Serpa holster.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I am 5'7" and 140 lbs. I carry a Glock 19 and sometimes the bugger Glock 20 in an NSR LLC-4 using an SOE velcro-lined belt. This IWB holster is extremely comfortable, as it is a kydex holster with leather lining on the outside. It also takes very little room. It is extremely easy to conceal as the belt keeps the holster close to the body. The belt also is very rigid and distributes weight around the body. I use the velcro backing of the belt to mate with velcro strips that I glues on the inside of the holster loops. This prevents the holster from moving around.

    I carry spare magazines in a BlackHawk Double Mag Double Stack holster. This OWB magazine holster rides high and close to the body. It is very concealable, while the mags can be easily grabbed.

    For open carry, I use a Safariland 7TS holster with ALS/SLS. I have moved away from the BlackHawk Serpa holster.
    "... the holster close to the body ..." was my favorite part.

    That's how you keep a gun warm.

    And happiness is truly a warm gun.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    "... the holster close to the body ..." was my favorite part.

    That's how you keep a gun warm.

    And happiness is truly a warm gun.
    Your post made me chuckle lol


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  7. #6
    Your welcome. Glad to make your day with that.

    It's true though. At the end of the day when you take off your gun and put it under your pillow, it is indeed warm from being close to your body all day long.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I am 5'7" and 140 lbs. I carry a Glock 19 and sometimes the bugger Glock 20 in an NSR LLC-4 using an SOE velcro-lined belt. This IWB holster is extremely comfortable, as it is a kydex holster with leather lining on the outside. It also takes very little room. It is extremely easy to conceal as the belt keeps the holster close to the body. The belt also is very rigid and distributes weight around the body. I use the velcro backing of the belt to mate with velcro strips that I glues on the inside of the holster loops. This prevents the holster from moving around.

    I carry spare magazines in a BlackHawk Double Mag Double Stack holster. This OWB magazine holster rides high and close to the body. It is very concealable, while the mags can be easily grabbed.

    For open carry, I use a Safariland 7TS holster with ALS/SLS. I have moved away from the BlackHawk Serpa holster.
    I've heard pretty good things about BlackHawk. I definitely need to check them out.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  9. I gotta a ton of different holsters I have tried and although not normally a popular choice with most, I gotta say I found that Im most comfortable with shoulder holsters. There comfortable and easy to access in any position (sitting, standing etc). Easy to carry any size gun. I really like the ease of extra ammo pouches always attached. No playing hide the gun in public bathrooms. And I dont think there as hard to conceal as most say. A light jacket or such works best but I normally just wear it under any type of button down shirt. I do get the shirts about a size larger and with snaps rather than buttons though.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    . . . I normally just wear it under any type of button down shirt. I do get the shirts about a size larger and with snaps rather than buttons though.
    Do you wear an undershirt under the holster when you wear it with just a shirt?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Do you wear an undershirt under the holster when you wear it with just a shirt?
    Yes I wear undershirt both for comfort of an under layer as well as times that I never button the outer layer shirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast