Glock 42/43 Ankle Holster
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 42/43 Ankle Holster

1. Glock 42/43 Ankle Holster

I'm looking for an ankle rig for the guns listed Glock 42 or 43, but I have a crimson trace laser guard attachment and I'm finding it hard to get a regular holster let alone an ankle unit. If you've got any advice please bestow it upon me. Thanks in advance.

I am using the Galco Ankle Glove for my Glock 26. It is extremely comfortable and concealable with standard jeans. The optional adjustable calf strap (sold separately) is really not needed. They do have variants for the Glock 42 and 43, but without the Crimson Trace Laser Guard. If your shooting hand is the right hand, get the right hand holster and put it on your left leg with the gun on the inside. Ask yourself, do you really need that Crimson Trace Laser Guard?

4. No I don't however this is solely for offhand shooting and I don't want to have to aim if ever needed. If that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by 93-331-29psi View Post
    No I don't however this is solely for offhand shooting and I don't want to have to aim if ever needed. If that makes sense?
    I do not know how much actual firearms training you had, but what you are saying is exactly what many (not all) professional firearms instructors not only do not teach, but also try to "un-teach" students. The whole "don't aim" philosophy, meaning to not line up the sights, is only valid for extremely close distances (up to 3 feet). After that, you really want to line up your sights anyway as you are responsible for every round you shoot and finding that laser dot takes longer than lining up your sights. Also, your laser might fail. If you search this forum with the key word "laser", you will find a number of interesting discussions on that topic.

6. I've got extensive firearms training, but that's irrelevant to this post. This piece will be primarily home defense for the wife to use at night god forbid should it ever be needed. The purpose of the laser in the first place.

Additionally it will also be used as a weak side ankle piece when I'm on my motorcycle should it ever be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I've got extensive firearms training, but that's irrelevant to this post. This piece will be primarily home defense for the wife to use at night god forbid should it ever be needed. The purpose of the laser in the first place.
    Well, let's just say you really don't need a laser on that firearm. It's obviously your choice. I have explained the limits of lasers numerous times in this forum. Lasers did fail on me. Here is an article about lasers on handguns by someone else: Lasers on Concealed Carry Weapons – Do You Need Them?.

Additionally it will also be used as a weak side ankle piece when I'm on my motorcycle should it ever be needed.
    Sounds good to me for a backup gun. I wouldn't carry my primary gun on the ankle though, but then I am not riding motorcycles.

PS: As for a home defense gun for the wife, a Glock 42 or 43 is really not the right gun in the first place.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Well, let's just say you really don't need a laser on that firearm. It's obviously your choice. I have explained the limits of lasers numerous times in this forum. Lasers did fail on me. Here is an article about lasers on handguns by someone else: Lasers on Concealed Carry Weapons Do You Need Them?.

Sounds good to me for a backup gun. I wouldn't carry my primary gun on the ankle though, but then I am not riding motorcycles.

PS: As for a home defense gun for the wife, a Glock 42 or 43 is really not the right gun in the first place.
    I don't disagree however you generally should use what your comfortable with and a 42/43 is better than throwing pots and pans.

Not that I need to but I'll also add that it's rare that she is the one playing home defender. My first weapon of choice for home defense is a 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck followed by a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45

Now that this went way off track I'd like to get back to the original question being answered vice being told what is and isn't good and what I should and shouldn't do.

What if any ankle holsters work with the 42 with crimson trace???

I don't disagree however you generally should use what your comfortable with and a 42/43 is better than throwing pots and pans.

Not that I need to but I'll also add that it's rare that she is the one playing home defender. My first weapon of choice for home defense is a 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck followed by a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45

Now that this went way off track I'd like to get back to the original question being answered vice being told what is and isn't good and what I should and shouldn't do.

What if any ankle holsters work with the 42 with crimson trace???
    There is the Pro-Tech holster, but it's crap. There are also a number of generic ankle holsters that might work: the Daltech Force holster and the Chengyuan holster. I am not sure if they are any good though.

PS: My comment regarding the Glock 42 or 43 as a home defense gun for the wife was more geared toward getting her a Glock 19 or 17 dedicated for that purpose. There is really no need to go small for a home defense gun.

PPS: As for the rest of your home defense plan, there is no need for chest-thumping here. No, you won't defend your home with "a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45". It doesn't even make sense in the first place to say such a thing. A 12 gauge is a good "defend the fort" weapon, while a single high-capacity handgun would be your backup. Both would need to stay loaded at all times.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    There is the Pro-Tech holster, but it's crap. There are also a number of generic ankle holsters that might work: the Daltech Force holster and the Chengyuan holster. I am not sure if they are any good though.

PS: My comment regarding the Glock 42 or 43 as a home defense gun for the wife was more geared toward getting her a Glock 19 or 17 dedicated for that purpose. There is really no need to go small for a home defense gun.

PPS: As for the rest of your home defense plan, there is no need for chest-thumping here. No, you won't defend your home with "a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45". It doesn't even make sense in the first place to say such a thing. A 12 gauge is a good "defend the fort" weapon, while a single high-capacity handgun would be your backup. Both would need to stay loaded at all times.
    No chest thumping. Just stating the facts. It seems to me if there was any chest thumping going on it was you doing the thumping. You responded Tommy post with your opinion vice answering the question asked.

Thanks

No chest thumping. Just stating the facts. It seems to me if there was any chest thumping going on it was you doing the thumping. You responded Tommy post with your opinion vice answering the question asked.

Thanks
    You are free to ignore my advice on ankle holsters, handgun lasers, and home defense weapons and plans. I was just offering you alternatives that would actually work.

I was just saying that your post mentioning "00 buck followed by a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45" is not how this works. That's not how any of this works. You are certainly free to make a fool out of yourself by posting stuff like this.

Good luck in finding an ankle holster for your Glock 42 or 43 with a Crimson Trace Laserguard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast