Injection Molded Holster - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Injection Molded Holster

I prefer the paddle holster. It's easier to readjust the placement when necessary, as well as the fact that a belt is not necessary. Regardless, I'll wear a belt as I'm a firm believer that a quality pistol belt is critical to ensure a secure platform to draw from.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

3. Thanks guys. I was leaning toward the paddle for some of the same reasons. Serpa paddle it is. Hopefully CS tells me that the Baretta 92 model fits the Taurus PT92.

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    Thanks guys. I was leaning toward the paddle for some of the same reasons. Serpa paddle it is. Hopefully CS tells me that the Baretta 92 model fits the Taurus PT92.

Glad to be of service. BTW, it's "Beretta" not "Baretta"

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. Thanks... Blackhawk tells me that the Beretta 92 ans PT92 are not interchangeable holster-wise and they do not have a holster to fit the PT92. Looks like its' going to be Fobus.

6. Injection Molded Holster

Sorry to hear you cannot get a Blackhawk for your pistol. Glock Fan hit the nail on the head as far as trying it out. I bought my holster at Cabela's and took it over to the gun counter and had them put an XD-45 in the holster to be sure of the fit. The salesman was very happy to show me how the active retention device worked, and how the holster fit over the belt or waistband. He took almost a half hour going through all the features of the gun/holster combo, just to make a $27 sale. Hats off to Cabela's.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I have a Serpa and it came with both the belt loop and the paddle. Just remove a couple of screws to change it out.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    Thanks... Blackhawk tells me that the Beretta 92 ans PT92 are not interchangeable holster-wise and they do not have a holster to fit the PT92. Looks like its' going to be Fobus.
    Well I'll be dipped - I sure would have lost money on THAT bet. Thanks for the info though. Fobus makes a fine product too - no worries.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I have a Serpa and it came with both the belt loop and the paddle. Just remove a couple of screws to change it out.
    Yes Sir, that is true. I have one for my 92FS. GF is correct about a quality belt. The both the belt loop retainer & the paddle do a good job of grabbing your belt to maintain stablity.
    Semper Fi

10. I picked up a Fobus paddle with passive retention today for $18. I wish it had active retention, but other than that I like it. One thing I had not considered was the hard plastic scuffing the gun. Have you had any problems in that regard?

Not sure about your gun, but so far no issues with my Fobus holsters scuffing my Glocks.

gf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast