PT night sights - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PT night sights

I decided to do the Truglo Fiber optic Tritium sights for my Springfield XD. Several guys said it was a great sight if your eyes were getting a bit old.

Gilbert's Guns in Frankfort KY is running a special package deal on the sights, labor to install and return shipping it was $110.45 out the door. I shipped the slide express mail, they signed for the box at 2:30 p.m. and I got a call around 4:45 p.m. the same day and they told me my sights had been installed and would be in the mail back to me in the morning.

I love them, very fast to acquire the front sight in daylight or the dark.

well, i decided to try XS sights. they have a set called BIG DOTS! and let me confirm that front sight is a big dot. thay are loaded with tritium by trijicon and i have to say i love them. i have my own range so i get to shoot all the time. with that big ol' front dot i can see it so well with these old bifocal wearing eyes, i'm banging 12 inch plates at 50 meters with my XD40. PT sights still suck!

4. Agree - PT Night Sights is the WORST...

I thought maybe mine was an isolated incident, but after doing some research, they have a lousy reputation.

I called to check up on my order because I didn't get my sights afterthree weeks, and could only get their voicemail. I left four messages, and not a single one was returned. After repeated calls, I finally spoke to Kenny who apparently works in Support. I was polite and courteous and got treated like I was trying to rob them.

When I finally got my sights, what a disappointment. In absolute dark, I could barely see them. On top of that, the finish of the sights had wear.

Their website is a joke too. They say their sights have been reviewed by just about every industry publication, but they don't link to a single review. I'm guessing they got torched in every review, because their sights suck.

If you want to waste your money on poorly finished night sights that are so dim you can barely see them and get treated like you're stealing money, then go with PT Night Sights.

PT night sights

coltrules, sorry to hear you too fell for their marketing. mine arrived in the same condition. i returned them to them even after they told me that at best i would be due only a partial refund since now they were used sights. i told them fine, keep my money, anybody that sells their soul for a hundred bucks is doomed. on the good side of this experience is now telemarketers seem so honest and delightful.

i bought a set of XS big dots. love them for my old bifocal wearing eyes. in fact i have bought a second set for a 1911.

6. Thumbs down Me again

so now MMC & PT NIGHT SIGHTS has had my slide to my ruger p345 for over 5 months!! I called a bunch of times, only got through a couple times, when i spoke to thier rep she told me my slide was done and would be shipped out the follwing week, so i waited and nothing so called back and was told the slide was not ready but will be finished and shipped out asap, so i wait again and again nothing, So after a few months of giving me the run around I finally get mad and demand to talk to a supervisor or gunsmith.... male rep tells me hes the only one there... so i tell him i dont care if the sights are installed or not i just want my slide back and i treaten to come down there in person to settle this... yesterday he tells me they will be shipping my slide to me, so i ask for a tracking number and he replies fedex hasn't came yet so they wont have a tracking number until tomorow so i called today, ask for the tracking number and he says the shipping info hasn't been updated yet and that the woman in charge of shipping is comming in latter today and will give me a call or e-mail with tracking number.... I doubt i will recieve a call or e-mail and that my slide is even being shipped to me but we will see! All I know is this is the worst service i have ever had and will never purchase anything from MMC and PT NIGHT SIGHTS again!!!!!!!!!!! Ill update when and if i get my slide back

well it has been almost a year and still no usable sights and no refund as promiced, let the buyer beware! if the call custermer suport and get Robert hang up nothing he has said has been true
    "When you care enough to send the best... Shoot a .45"

8. Not my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by burchesss View Post
    well it has been almost a year and still no usable sights and no refund as promiced, let the buyer beware! if the call custermer suport and get Robert hang up nothing he has said has been true
    Use spell check Mr. Burch

Well EXCUSE ME Mr. Larry Burch!!!!

What none of you folks realize was that this place of business was being run by only 3 people, Mr Wilson who filled orders , and His wife JULIE WILSON who handled all things regarding money and paper work, and me who was only in charge of answering phones and processing in orders and shipping them back out when Mr. Wilson was done with them. I was only doing what I was told. My job descriptions was to only answer phones and ship out orders when ready. I had no part in putting together sights and giving out refunds and anything else that is in between. I only processed the orders in and shipped them out again !!! They are very shady business people, it took me forever to even get my tax information for the year of 2009. They are out of business becuase they could not manage their money and the way they had me treat customers was horrible. When I first started working their it was in shambles orders not done, refunds not being given to customers. It got to the point to where Mrs. Wilson actually told me to use another voice and tell the customer to call back. Again I was only doing what I was told, if you don't like it then you pay my bills because I would of quit a long time ago and not waste my energy on this worthless company. The woman that said that she was on leave for a year, she actually was and the left again and then they hired this random kid also. I left as soon as the woman that was on leave came back, because I could not take the shady practices. I remember alot of the customers and I will not aplogize for my actions. Again it was out of my hands as soon as I gave the orders and slides to Mr. Wilson. Last I heard from them was that they lost the business and were moving back to Texas.

If you are Robert I apoligize but you should have said it was out of your hands on the phone rather than give us the run arround and I have no idea who Larry Burch is by the way.
    "When you care enough to send the best... Shoot a .45"

10. Robert, do think you could help me recover two pistol slides that sent into PT Night Sights?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12