Holster Help!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster Help!!!!

Holster Help!!!!

Alright everyone, I'm ready to tap into that vast fountain of collective knowledge. Here's my problem:

I'm ready to graduate to a new holster. I've carried now for a year in cheapie nylon holsters, and now I've figured out my preferred method (well, actually methods). I just can't find a leather holster that fits both. What I'm looking for is a leather holster that will ride OWB without rubbing the grip of my gun under my armpit. I want this holster to also be tuckable should I decide to carry a little more secretly. Is there a holster that's made to be either/or OWB/IWB?

Oh, and I have an obscure carry pistol, so that'll make things a little more complicated. So this holster will need to fit a Beretta 9000s.

Thanks in advance!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Check out crossbreed!!!

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

They make the best tuckable on the market, IMHO
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Jc40

Another good holster is Rays holsters.All leather and very reasonable prices.Holsters however are like guns.The same one deosn`t work for everyone and you have to choose what`s best for you.That`s probably why most have a drawer set aside for them.:D Good luck in your search.

Well, I've tried to limit my purchases on holsters, and I've done very well with it. I started out on an Uncle Mike's cheapie. I wore it numerous ways and found one I liked. Then I got a nicer, but still nylon, holster to fine tune my likes. Now, I think I'm ready to get a leather one. However, I want (I guess) a convertible. Essentially, I need a good IWB holster, that also will carry very stable OWB on my hip.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Jc40

I was checking out the crossbreed holster site and watched the video they have and it looks like it hides the gun very well indeed.I just haven`t been a big fan of IWB holsters all though i do own two.I just haven`t found one yet that is comfortable to me that is.I guess i`m just fussy when it comes to an IWB holster and finding one that suits me in the comfort department.

I am sure it is possible, but I have never seen one that converts from IWB to OWB. The way I carry the clip would have to switch sides. I like my Tucker Cover up. It does bulge somewhat if you try to tuck it though. I am thinking about a crossbreed for my Ruger. Another thought is, Bianchi makes a descent IWB holster that you can get from Midway for a little over $40. Bianchi 100. You might also get one of their OWB. I don't know how they are priced though. But, you might could get 2

Good luck
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Well, it seems to me that I've dreamed up a new holster. If any of you are in the holster business, you've got a new customer if you can take a standard OWB holster, and stick a metal clip on the opposite side so I can tuck it. Let me know!

Hey, I don't know how this would work, I just found it in a cheaper than dirt flier. It might be close to what you are/were looking for.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/KEY133-1965-1184.html
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 11-15-2007 at 10:26 AM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Holsters usually by the drawer full!!!

Herz what I have used exclusively for the last two years. I love it. When I want to open carry I just don't tuck in my shirt. I have a drawer full of others that are getting moldy!

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech...er-pr-821.html

And they make it for your 9000S beretta!!

11. ubgholsters.com

You might also consider Nate from ubgholsters.com. Seems to always come up with something that we will cherish forever.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast