Alien Gear "Velcro" holster?

Thread: Alien Gear "Velcro" holster?

1. Alien Gear "Velcro" holster?

Hey Everyone,

I have been trying to get an answer from AG regarding their Velcro holster for almost a week. No reply yet so I am hoping that someone here may be able to answer it.

I injured my back and am stuck wearing a back brace that makes my current holsters unusable. It is looking like I may have another three months before I can quit wearing it.

I was looking at AG's website and found their Velcro holsters. As the front of the brace leaves a big open patch of the "loop" side of the velcro I was considering buying the AG holster and wearing it at :11:00 just above my waist in a cross draw fashion.

The big question is: it the Velcro on the back of the holster "hook" or "loop"?

As the velcro on the brace is "loop" so I need "hook" on the back of the holster.

Thanks.

S.

3. Any suggestions for my application?

4. Go to the Alien Gear site and then to the Hook and Loop page. Scroll through the pictures. The one that shows the back side has better detail of the strap.

5. Well I did finally get through to Alien Gear Support. 93 minutes on hold....

They told me that the velcro was correct for my application. I ordered it. They are about a three hour drive from me. It took almost three weeks to get here.

It fits the gun wonderfully. I had to tinker with the spacers to get the proper retention. It attaches nicely to my latest wardrobe addition as a cross draw. The problem that I am having is I have not been able to work out a "graceful" draw. My hand is hitting the grip at such an angle that I cannot seem to get a proper grip straight away and am having to adjust my grip when I connect with my left hand. Am I making any sense?

I have attempted to take a picture of the rig and found that trying to take my own picture was a bit challenging. Take a look and see if you can offer any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images Alien Gear "Velcro" holster?-carry-002sm.jpg 

6. Carry position is similar to appendix carry but riding a fair bit higher.

7. The picture is not showing up????

It was visible immediately after posting now I don't see if.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

8. I see the "attached image" icon at the bottom of the Post but can't see the picture. Is it just me? Can you all see it?

Thanks

9. I can see it.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

10. Attached Images Attached Images Alien Gear "Velcro" holster?-img_0269.jpg 

11. I screenshot the pic and posted it. Can you see it now?

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry