Considerations For Conceal Carry Location? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considerations For Conceal Carry Location?

1. Rob - the leather i used was pretty stiff and thick. i wet formed it. hot soapy water. if you want some tips, google - forming leather/holster making etc.

Thumbs up Come on, Gwillys!

Frankenholster my fat *****! That is a damn fine piece of work, my friend. There are many who would pay good money for a holster of that quality. Good job!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

4. well thanks, but Jim @ Hidden Holsters has a better way to go.
    now there's some craftsmanship.

Maybe, BUT......

Quote Originally Posted by gwillys View Post
    well thanks, but Jim @ Hidden Holsters has a better way to go.
    now there's some craftsmanship.

I would bet that the price differential would be equally amazing.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

6. Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    I would bet that the price differential would be equally amazing.
    yep, he wants 50/70 bucks for one similar. of course it would be much nicer, fancy smancy. its not easy & takes quite a bit of time for a novice, so i suppose theres value there. and the leather is expensive. those leather guys have hundreds of dollars tied up in tools. i'd guess there's maybe 2 or 3 hours of actual work in making one, with a couple or three days of waiting for things to dry.

7. well thanks again. I am working with some old suede for my prototype.

I hope that FDegree got some answers and thoughts on his initial carry questions.

Quote Originally Posted by RobdnBulverde View Post
    I hope that FDegree got some answers and thoughts on his initial carry questions.
    The topic sure has shifted from my original post, but that's OK...all knowledge is good.

Damn, I have a micro eagle as well, but i paid 20 bucks for a pocket holster, and that one looks like it conforms much better. Wish I'd have seen this earlier, I'd have paid you the money... oh well.

So back to the topic that was originally posted. Fdegree you will definitely have to try different positions before you settle with your favorite. I started carrying at the small of the back position, after I got sick of that (which didnt take long) I bought a nice IWB tuckable holster that I would carry at 1 o'clock. This only requires a tshirt to conceal, but wasn't all that comfortable when sitting for long periods of time. Now i think i have settled with 3:30-4 o'clock being my favorite. This is the most comfortable way for me to carry, and the only printing i experience comes when i am bending forward at the hip. I would also recommend a belly band. It's a very comfortable set-up and you can carry in any position you wish, not to mention it's cheaper than most holsters worth using. gl finding a set-up that works for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12