Advice on Best Concealed Carry Handgun - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on Best Concealed Carry Handgun

cheap smith&wesson lol the only cheap smith *wessons are the sigmas. i have owned 3 j frame revolvers, i still have a 637 which i will use as a bug. U cant get more reliable than a revolver, thier only limitation is the amount of ammo they can carry.

I have a Glock 23 that I love to shoot but haven't carried it yet (waiting for cooler weather and a light weight jacket to conceal better), but since I got my CCW in July, been carrying a Ruger LCP. Fits right nice in your front pocket in one of Uncle Mike's pocket holsters. I believe it would be a real trick to fire from the pocket as it has a very deep and hard trigger pull, but that does make it safer to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea For One View Post
    Just got my CC permit. Any advice from you folks on your recommendations on an ideal carrying pistol? I was thinking about a .357 or .38 SPL Airweight revolver or maybe a small Glock. Thoughts?

Thank you,

jonathan
    I have both 40 cal. Glock 27 and S&W 442 +P 38 Spl. Love them both.
    Frank
    Glock 27, Glock 23, Glock 22
    Mossberg 930SPX

There is no rule for this. Shoot many, choose one. It's all a matter of feel. Should it be a Semi-Auto, Revolver? It's not a show piece or a conversation starter, it's a tool. As mentioned in above posts, some ranges will rent firearms. Keep the targets you shoot with dates and notes on the firearm type and ammo used and your comments on the feel while using. Choose the one that works for you. Don't pick one that looks cool but kicks too hard when fired and makes the follow up shot difficult. Choose the one that feels best in your hand and allows you to shoot well 1st. Once that's taken care of choose a holster that works for you. Make sure it’s easy to draw the chosen weapon if and when needed and feels comfortable when you wear it... Then once you get one the fun starts… G.A.S
    (Gun Acquisition Syndrome)… Oh Yea… Gotta have more…
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Just got my CC permit. Any advice from you folks on your recommendations on an ideal carrying pistol? I was thinking about a .357 or .38 SPL Airweight revolver or maybe a small Glock. Thoughts?

Thank you,

jonathan
    I like the Glock 27 and the S&W 442
    Frank
    Glock 27, Glock 23, Glock 22
    Mossberg 930SPX

Then once you get one the fun starts… G.A.S
    (Gun Acquisition Syndrome)… Oh Yea… Gotta have more
    YUP! I have many and I want many more!

8. i am not a big person 5'5'' 170lb. i can easly conceal a Glock 26 with an IWB holster i sometimes forget its even there i have fallen asleep with it on watching tv still tring to figer out how to conceal my Glock 21SF any idias

Quote Originally Posted by CCWNebraska View Post
    i am not a big person 5'5'' 170lb. i can easly conceal a Glock 26 with an IWB holster i sometimes forget its even there i have fallen asleep with it on watching tv still tring to figer out how to conceal my Glock 21SF any idias
    Check out the offerings from Crossbreed and Kholster for concealing the larger Glock 21.

Crossbreed Holsters > Home

Kholster

10. Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    YUP! I have many and I want many more!
    G= number of guns you should own

N= number of guns you currently own

G = N + 1

tfo

G= number of guns you should own

N= number of guns you currently own

G = N + 1