Advice on Best Concealed Carry Handgun - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Best Concealed Carry Handgun

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by natelew View Post
    what does everyone think about the Taurus .380 & the 9m/m for reliability.
    I carry either my model 738 or model 709. Both look good, big brother little brother, shoot great and are very reliable. What more could I ask for.

3. your premises are incorrect

Since I do not wish to shame anyone, I shall not name the starter of this thread. But he is a neophyte for sure if he thinks that any ONE handgun is enough for concealed carry. After two years of concealed carry and fifteen hours of ccw training, I have decide what makes the OPTIMUM MINIMUM BATTLE LOAD:

On the strong hand side at three o'clock. A Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger.

On the off-hand side at nine o'clock. A .500 S&W with at least a six inch barrel.

On the right ankle...A Colt Combat Commander.

On the left ankle...A Colt Python.

Wear a photog vest to cover the waist guns. Wear pants over your ankle-guns.

If you must wear shorts, cover the ankle-guns with leg-warmers. I got some from my wife.

If you must frolic on the beach, cover it all with a mumu.

Keep plenty of ammo in your fanny packs. One pack above the crotch. The other above the buttocks.

When going into bad areas, pull a red wagon behind you with more ammo.

I know that most ccw holders are GLBT. I don't mean to offend...but they will give you the wrong advice. They are too concerned about their looks to go properly armed.

FOUR guns Minimum.

Be well, my friend.

4. It comes down to what you like. I myself carry a walther pps 40 and find it very comfy and easy to hide. I carry it in a crossbread iph and even with an untucked t shirt it doesn't print. I used to carry a sig 229 but have since downsized. Any gun is better than none so get what is comfy for you.

EastOkHotRod.

You are obviously a neophyte with no true forum experience. Only the Barrett .50 cal. below, carried in a Smart Carry , will suffice to stop Zombies and the AK-47 and RPG equipped 8th Grade gangbangers one should expect to encounter in the WALMART parking lots. The weapons you listed would not suffice, you need to upgrade your armory.

I carry a S&W 642 in a pocket holster. But then, I don't go around p***ing off Zombies and eighth graders!

6. Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    EastOkHotRod.

You are obviously a neophyte with no true forum experience. Only the Barrett .50 cal. below, carried in a Smart Carry , will suffice to stop Zombies and the AK-47 and RPG equipped 8th Grade gangbangers one should expect to encounter in the WALMART parking lots. The weapons you listed would not suffice, you need to upgrade your armory.

I carry a S&W 642 in a pocket holster. But then, I don't go around p***ing off Zombies and eighth graders!

I shall call you 'Daddy'.

7. Bodyguard

Not certain if this model was mentioned earlier, but I have been happy with my S&W Bodyguard 380. Seven shots (with one in the pipe); load it with Hydra Shok or Hornady CD and it provides effective close-range protection. Long-pull DA so no 'accidental discharges' with safety off (southpaw shooter). Range time will train your finger to deal with the trigger pull and the recoil. Laser is nice but no use in daylight. Add a De Santis Super Fly pocket holster and it can be hidden in any pocket, no printing. I carry it every day, front or back jeans pocket, motorcycle pants or jacket, whatever.

Be careful out there.

Gonzogeezer

I conceal carry my M&P 40c everywhere... it suits me but may not everyone. over 2k rounds thru it no problems. I carry with a IWB Galco kydex. I can't knock anyones choice or recommend one. The best gun is what you handy when you need it. (quicker than calling the police!!!

You better shoot your way out, you won't out run them with all that weight .... lol

My new pocket carry is the Kahr PM9. It has replaced my LCP, I like 6+1 of 9mm over the 6+1 of 380.

11. Wow this is a long thread...I am no expert, but I just went through this when getting my carry permit as well, so it's fresh in my mind...

I'd like to add (unless someone already said it in the prior posts) that you should also consider what configuration you want. DAO, DA/SA, external safety or not..etc.
    For me, my decision was for my carry guns to both be DAO, no external safety so they both perform similar (i.e pull the trigger they shoot, don’t touch the trigger, they are safe)

Kahr CM9
    S&W 642

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast