Best conceal carry holsters?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best conceal carry holsters?

1. Best conceal carry holsters?

I'm a new CCW holder without much experience with holsters. I bought an FBI belt holster but that won't be much use this summer. With limited funds for what I expect will become an expensive collection of holsters, what is my best next holster to get me through the summer?

What gun do you want to carry? How do you normally dress? What requirements do you have to meet with your dress? There's all kinds of details that have to be considered. Would you prefer to carry IWB or OWB or would you consider a Smart Carry?
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Judging by your name I would assume you are going to be carrying a Glock. I carry a glock 23 in a crossbreed supertuck deluxe. It was around 90 bucks. Well worth the price. It is soo comfortable. Its hard to believe its an Inside The Waistband (IWB). For an OWB I have a Blackhawk Serpa. It was 19 bucks. And I think it has the best retention set up out there. I have used the concealed carry shirts but the barrel of the firearm pokes me in the ribs and is un comfortable. But for deep concealment I can deal with it for a few hours. For example I wore it to a wedding a few weeks ago and was able to not worry about printing. I also have a galco summer comfort IWB ($70) but I retired it for the crossbreed. I would fork out the cash and get the crossbreed. My $.02
    Andrew

+1 on the Supertuck for comfort.
    When it comes to handguns, there are Sig Sauers, then there's everything else.

6. I normally dress business casual, dress pants and dress shirt tucked in. After work is normally jeans and golf shirt tucked. Looks like I'll need to untuck the golf shirt or change dress style. Any suggestions? I carry a glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock513 View Post
    I normally dress business casual, dress pants and dress shirt tucked in. After work is normally jeans and golf shirt tucked. Looks like I'll need to untuck the golf shirt or change dress style. Any suggestions? I carry a glock 19.
    I carry my Glock 30 or my Glock 26 in a Fist tuckable Kydex or Fist IWB Kydex with an untucked T-shirt or other shirt. I have tucked the shirt and not been noticed but it shows too much for me (knowing it's there). Tucked shirt with a vest works well. I've also used a SmartCarry for either gun and it works well when I am business casual.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

I'm actually partial to my Blackhawk! inside the pants form-fitted leather holster for my SIG P226. It holds the gun secure and is easy to draw from, as well as VERY concealable under even the thinnest t-shirts.

9. I like the supertuck. You can wear your shirt tucked or untucked. Its very comfortable.

wolfhunter Guest
    I love my SuperTuck

11. go to Comtac holsters and look at the Minitour IWB..very comfortable and I wear dress shirt with Glock 23 same size as your 19. You can even conceal a handgun under a t -shirt tucked in.. cost 80.00.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast