5.11 Trainer Belt - got one?

Thread: 5.11 Trainer Belt - got one?

5.11 Trainer Belt - got one?

Does anybody have the 5.11 Tactical/Trainer belt? If so, how to do you like it for stiffness, firearm support, and size? The size says M: 32-34 L: 36-38. My pants are 34, but IWB stretches me to about 35. Didn't know if the belt runs small. I also don't want 10" of extra belt.

Thanks.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

I have the Trainer in 1 3/4" wide. I bought the next size bigger than my pants size, and it fits fine. The belt runs through the buckle, then folds over and attaches with velcro. There's about a foot of velcro to attach the folding strap to. You should be able to get the medium and be alright. Are there any fun stores near you that might carry the 5.11 so you can see how it works for you?

As far as stiffness and firearm support, it's great. The folding strap doesn't have the stiffness insert, which is great for threading it through the belt loops. The stiffness insert goes all the way around my waist. I carry a P99 in a Blade-Tech IWB at 9:00, and most of the time, I don't notice the weight. As I type, I can't feel the pistol or holster at all.

If you want to save $22, you can go with the TDU belt. It has a plastic buckle, which means you won't have to take it off at the airport or metal detectors.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

No stores with this belt in stock, otherwise, yes, I would've tried it on. So I ordered before I saw your reply. I went with the Large, 1.5" wide with metal buckle. I'll let you know my thoughts.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Well, the belt came in yesterday... and it is super stiff! I am a 34" pants guy and I bought the L (36-38") and it fits fine for those that want to order one. I think the M would've been too small. The buckle seems huge, but i suppose it has to be to accomodate the 1.5" belt and the thickness. It is a double layer web belt with a large velcro area. The tan is a dark khaki, not really tan, but I like it. I have a black leather holster belt for tucking and this will be my untucked belt so that the leather one doesn't wear out too soon.

So far, I'm very pleased with this belt. I have it on right now.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Well good. I'm glad you like it. I agree about the size of the buckle, but it does have a 6000 pound rating, and 5.11 says it can be used for climbing in an emergency or as a tie-down strap, so it gets points for both usefulness and being OPERATOR.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

Pics? :D
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Unless you're asking to see it on me:

5.11 Trainer Belt - 1-1/2 : Cabela's
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member