Conceal a Hi-Point? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Conceal a Hi-Point?

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I've had my HiPoint 45 and C9 AND 995 for 3 years now and have not had ANY problems. The 45 was my first, but now 3 years later I have "moved up". I needed something to Conceal. After going through 2 more firearms then a 3rd, I finally found a KelTec PF9 which is perfect for Me.....what fit Me best for My liking. I like the HP's BUT the handguns are just too big and bulky for me to conceal. Yeh, the HP May not be everyones favorite gun and They can knock them all they want BUT they are inexpensive, made in the USA, 100% Warranty, and last I checked had a 3% return rate. AND, I would bet My life with one.
    As far as a holster for CC on the HP .45, don't know what to tell ya. I never even carried mine. Only out back to practice. I use a FOBUS HP-2 for the C9 though.
    Sorry for going off topic a little.
    I bought the 995 about a year ago. Excellent rifle...
    The return rate for HP is still 3% as of today!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Hi-Points are large, heavy and feel kind of cheap, but every Hi-Point review I've ever read has mentioned that they are accurate and totally reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to carry one if that's what my budget allowed. I got to play with one in .40 S&W at the range this past weekend.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

Again sorry, not to go OFF Topic........Yes, the 995 is in fact a great rifle. VERY accurate and Fun to shoot. IF, and I say IF some of you folks out there who dislike Hi-Points then fine, BUT, You have too at least shoot one of these 995's if you ever get the chance. There is nothing wrong with "trying" one out. Don't worry, I won't tell your buddies.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mbass View Post
    I bought the 995 about a year ago. Excellent rifle...
    The return rate for HP is still 3% as of today!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

you should get a universal clip draw and carry it your pants with out a holster if it's so huge just dont chamber a round if u do that. just practice racking back the slide when u draw the high point. I personally have nothing against the high points thier reliable as hell thier just horribaly ugly, and huge. other than that they do every thing the other guns do but cheaper.

6. Funny, I wasn't really interested in picking up a carbine, but you guys might change my mind. I heard they were going to make a 45. Any one heard about that? I like to buy as few different ammo's as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by brockkl View Post
    Funny, I wasn't really interested in picking up a carbine, but you guys might change my mind. I heard they were going to make a 45. Any one heard about that? I like to buy as few different ammo's as possible.

Yes, they do have the carbine in a .45 model.

I have a Glock 26 for which I paid almost four-times the price of the HP C-9.
    I would put the "shoot-ability" of the HP in equal standing with the Glock.
    The difference, and the reason I have a Glock as my carry weapon, is the weight and size.

All of my HP's are highly reliable weapons, and come with a life time warranty.
    When the SHTF I want one (or all) of them with me!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

8. I want to see it

Yes, they do have the carbine in a .45 model

Please post a link. It's not on the hi point website.

thanx

9. Conceal carry mine. Yes it is a big gun but like you I am a big guy. The ONLY problem I have had with mine is the weight so I do wear a belt. I use a Blackhawk holster that is soft against me. I wear it against my right rear hip and when I tighten the beit it folds in nicely and is still accessible. I wear it on my bike car and dining out. The only problem I have is sitting in a chair it is a bit bulky. As far as the guy that feels it might be an anchor it is a great gun reliable inexpensive trouble free and I guess if it can do double duty as an anchor then hey another reason to buy it. J

I cca 1911 with in 6"it not see under arm 6feet 4 you got use it......

11. Quote Originally Posted by brockkl View Post
    Hi folks, quick question ; the Hi=Point 45 being such a huge weapon, are there any viable ways of carraying one concealed? I'm 6'1" about 250 pounds, so I'm not tiny. But I do like to wear shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.
    You can do this all year in Florida. Is there a carry solution that won't make me look like I'm happy to see ya?
    Anyone tried the cell/pda pal at concealcity.com

Thanks
    I have a hipoint s&w 40 caliber and my friends an I love to shoot it at the range, I even put night sights from glow-on.com on it:

but concealing this cannon is very difficult, even the hipoint c9 is thick and heavy for this work, I consider both good guns, after you work the quirks with the mags, maybe inside a winter coat is possible but in florida this is going to be hard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast