Conceal a Hi-Point?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conceal a Hi-Point?

1. Conceal a Hi-Point?

Hi folks, quick question ; the Hi=Point 45 being such a huge weapon, are there any viable ways of carraying one concealed? I'm 6'1" about 250 pounds, so I'm not tiny. But I do like to wear shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.
    You can do this all year in Florida. Is there a carry solution that won't make me look like I'm happy to see ya?
    Anyone tried the cell/pda pal at concealcity.com

Thanks

Because of your size/body type, you may be able to efectively conceal that behemoth of a handgun.

Untucked shirt, shorts and sandals... what I wear daily in AZ when I'm not actively training on the range. You've got a few more pounds, but we're generally about the same size, and I've carried a Sig GSR concealed - so it's doable.

I'd recommend the Kholster full moon holster for CC for the following reasons:
    It's custom made and relatively inexpensive, and offers a lifetime warranty/exceptional service.
    The 'full moon' circle of cowhide backing ensures that no portion of the gun touches your body, which greatly increases comfort, especially on hot days when 'layering' your clothes isn't an option.
    The Kholster full moon CC holster is completely adjustable. You can adjust the height, degree of cant, and then obviously the placement on your waistline.
    For an IWB CC rig, it's insanely comfortable - especially once it's broken in. (Kholster)

Crossbreed's Super Tuck is another outstanding CC holster to consider. (Crossbreed Holsters > Home)

Hope this helps and welcome to the site.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by brockkl View Post
    Hi folks, quick question ; the Hi=Point 45 being such a huge weapon, are there any viable ways of carraying one concealed? I'm 6'1" about 250 pounds, so I'm not tiny. But I do like to wear shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.
    You can do this all year in Florida. Is there a carry solution that won't make me look like I'm happy to see ya?
    Anyone tried the cell/pda pal at concealcity.com

Thanks
    quote> I'd recommend the Kholster full moon holster for CC for the following reasons:
    It's custom made and relatively inexpensive, and offers a lifetime warranty/exceptional service.
    The 'full moon' circle of cowhide backing ensures that no portion of the gun touches your body, which greatly increases comfort, especially on hot days when 'layering' your clothes isn't an option.
    The Kholster full moon CC holster is completely adjustable. You can adjust the height, degree of cant, and then obviously the placement on your waistline.
    For an IWB CC rig, it's insanely comfortable - especially once it's broken in. (Kholster)

Crossbreed's Super Tuck is another outstanding CC holster to consider. (Crossbreed Holsters > Home)<quote

I have the Hi-Point 45 and have never even considered cc with it. I may take AZSATT's advice, too!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

5. Thanks for the links azsatt. The Kholster looks strange, but comfortable. Almost like you could make it yourself.
    You guys check out concealcity.com? I emailed the guy there, and he said it would work best with a single stack. I thought the HP was, just the top end is so fat. mbass, what does it look like when you stick that 45 down your shorts?

Conceal a hi-point? Why?

Sorry. My dad has one and I've determined it's best use would be an anchor. Sorry, but I would relegate it to range gun. Get something more reliable and smaller for CC.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

7. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSumter View Post
    Conceal a hi-point? Why?

Sorry. My dad has one and I've determined it's best use would be an anchor. Sorry, but I would relegate it to range gun. Get something more reliable and smaller for CC.

Well. Thank you very much, for the useful contribution. Actually, I'm kind of curious. What's YOUR horror story?

Please read: here (long, but a good read) before looking down your nose at an inexpensive firearm.
    I probably won't conceal this one, after I get a smaller, more concealable one. But not because of it's price, or supposedly unreliable, despite the incredibly good reviews I see all over the web. Because it's huge. Maybe someday it will be my plinking gun. But in this economy, and my paygrade, it's better to have a cheap gun than none at all.
    Sure, I would love to start off with a true 1911, it's the gun I've wanted since I was in the Navy. But I don't have that kind of money lying around. IF I did, maybe I could be a snob too.
    Sorry for flaming out, but I didn't get my Wheaties today.

Thanks for your support
    Keith
    Last edited by brockkl; 09-23-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: trying to nice it up a bit

[QUOTE=brockkl; mbass, what does it look like when you stick that 45 down your shorts?[/QUOTE]

HAHA!!! I have never tried it! It may embarrass me!!HAHA

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by brockkl View Post
    Well. Thank you very much, for the useful contribution. Actually, I'm kind of curious. What's YOUR horror story?

Please read: here (long, but a good read) before looking down your nose at an inexpensive firearm.
    I probably won't conceal this one, after I get a smaller, more concealable one. But not because of it's price, or supposedly unreliable, despite the incredibly good reviews I see all over the web. Because it's huge. Maybe someday it will be my plinking gun. But in this economy, and my paygrade, it's better to have a cheap gun than none at all.
    Sure, I would love to start off with a true 1911, it's the gun I've wanted since I was in the Navy. But I don't have that kind of money lying around. IF I did, maybe I could be a snob too.
    Sorry for flaming out, but I didn't get my Wheaties today.

Thanks for your support
    Keith

I have had my HP .45 for 10 years and, other than when I got cheap and bought Wolfe ammom, have had not a single problem with it. If one doesn't get cheap ammo, one will not have a problem with this pistol.

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

I've had my HiPoint 45 and C9 AND 995 for 3 years now and have not had ANY problems. The 45 was my first, but now 3 years later I have "moved up". I needed something to Conceal. After going through 2 more firearms then a 3rd, I finally found a KelTec PF9 which is perfect for Me.....what fit Me best for My liking. I like the HP's BUT the handguns are just too big and bulky for me to conceal. Yeh, the HP May not be everyones favorite gun and They can knock them all they want BUT they are inexpensive, made in the USA, 100% Warranty, and last I checked had a 3% return rate. AND, I would bet My life with one.
    As far as a holster for CC on the HP .45, don't know what to tell ya. I never even carried mine. Only out back to practice. I use a FOBUS HP-2 for the C9 though.
    Sorry for going off topic a little.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

11. too big to hide

I ended up ordering the Fobus HPPRP. I pretty much gave up on concealing them, they are so huge.
    But the Fobus looks like a good holster, good retention, fast acting, and comfortable. At a decent price.
    Thanks for your input everyone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast