No weapons allowed signs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No weapons allowed signs

1. I turn around and walk back out, never to return.

To me, it's not a question of legality, it's a question of ethics. Just because it is LEGAL to do something, it does not necessarily mean that it is the RIGHT thing to do.

As the property owner, or their designated representative, they have EVERY right to state what is allowable or not allowed on their property. If I disagree with their decisions, since I do NOT have to be there I can just LEAVE.

I do not agree with the concept of denying someone of their right as the land owner, business manager, renter, ... to control their property and the actions that take place on it just so I can exercise MY personal right to carry a concealed firearm. I believe that is hypocritical to the extreme and my personal hypocrisy does not go quite that far.

In my opinion the only people that pay attention to the rules and the signs are the people that you really do want having a handgun. Last time I looked criminals or people that intend to commit a crime or do someone harm do not care about laws or signs. One of the few good things about NY is that we do not have the signs and are restricted to very few places where we can not carry handgun. I understand some businesses may not like knowing their patrons are armed but at the same time requests or rules like that are made out of someones fear and will never be obeyed by criminals. Just my two cents that haven't been taken as taxes yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew14559 View Post
    In my opinion the only people that pay attention to the rules and the signs are the people that you really do want having a handgun. Last time I looked criminals or people that intend to commit a crime or do someone harm do not care about laws or signs. One of the few good things about NY is that we do not have the signs and are restricted to very few places where we can not carry handgun. I understand some businesses may not like knowing their patrons are armed but at the same time requests or rules like that are made out of someones fear and will never be obeyed by criminals. Just my two cents that haven't been taken as taxes yet lol.
    I feel the same way about the "No Breast Feeding Signs" that NavyLT has reported seeing in his area.

In N.C. all schools, gub buildings, and POffices are completely off limits--gun free zones. On a personal note, if there is a sign on the door my money goes elsewhere and I try to make sure the owner knows it. Have had good results by doing this.

6. No Guns allowed signs

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    In N.C. all schools, gub buildings, and POffices are completely off limits--gun free zones. On a personal note, if there is a sign on the door my money goes elsewhere and I try to make sure the owner knows it. Have had good results by doing this.
    I havent been carrying for long and have yet to see a sign (other then the Bank, School, Fed building) that has the sign, but I would try and respect their wishes, but I think it's important to let the store owner why they will not get my $$$, and shop elsewhere, vs just not going in.

7. What I was told in my CCW class in TN is that signs have to be posted on "every" entrance. If there is even one entrance that you may legally enter through that is without a sign then all you have to do is enter through it. Our instructor made it very clear that it is “legal” to enter this way, but there are always problems of getting the wrong cop and judge and then having to spend time and money to win.

(of course my paperwork was lost by the state and I never got my permit,)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12