Rochester Personal Defense, LLC - Utah permit class at Bass Pro Shops in Auburn NY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rochester Personal Defense, LLC - Utah permit class at Bass Pro Shops in Auburn NY

Blog Entries

Rochester Personal Defense, LLC - Utah permit class at Bass Pro Shops in Auburn NY

[CENTER]
    Rochester Personal Defense, LLC.
    Presents:
    The State of Utah
    Non-Resident Permit Class

The State of Utah has revamped their training system and you get the benefit. We are now certified to instruct you in the legalities and carrying of a firearm in Utah as well as the 28 other states that honor the Utah Non-Resident Permit. If you travel a lot, the non-resident permits are a big help if you decide to carry or wish to carry where you want to go.

We will be doing your passport style photos, processing your fingerprints, and we have a notary available. All you have to do is attend, add a copy of your NY drivers license, a check made payable to the Utah BCI for $65.25, and fill everything out and drop your completed application (with your payment) in the mail. We even give you the pre addressed envelope!!

The Utah Permit is valid for 5 years. Note: the class fee does not include the cost of the permit.

Important: Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the start time. The classroom will not be open until then
    What to bring to the class: Your completed application and your Driver's License or other photo ID with your signature (Passport, Permit, etc)

This IS NOT a live fire class. No firearms or ammunition are required.

The following states currently honor the Utah Non Resident permit: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming
    (info taken from USA Carry - Open and Concealed Carry Information and Community, 3-16-09)

Date: Saturday, November 7th, 2009
    Time: 10:30am to 3:30pm (check-in at 10:15)
    1579 Clark Street Road
    Auburn, NY 13022
    Cost: $85.00 per person (Pre-register ONLY)

To register, contact Rochester Personal Defense:
    Phone: 585-406-6758
    Email: [email protected] or
    On the web at: http://www.safeinrochester.com/courses.php?id=14
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

Blog Entries
    We're going to be there again this Saturdary (Feb 6) from 11 to 4

Visit the NEW website and sign up!!

Rochester Personal Defense - SafeInRochester.com, Self Defense Classes, Firearms Training in Rochester New York

Dave
    Dave
    Founder,
    www.safeinrochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    We're going to be there again this Saturdary (Feb 6) from 11 to 4

Visit the NEW website and sign up!!

Rochester Personal Defense - SafeInRochester.com, Self Defense Classes, Firearms Training in Rochester New York

Dave
    I've been searching for a Utah NR CCW class in lower Nevada. I've checked online everywhere I can think of including BPS and other stores in the greater Las Vegas areas with no luck. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I would go to Utah's website (Search: Utah BCI) and find their listing of out of state instructors. That should get you in the right direction
    Dave
    Founder,
    www.safeinrochester.com

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    I would go to Utah's website (Search: Utah BCI) and find their listing of out of state instructors. That should get you in the right direction
    I did, thanks, and got no where. I did find an instructor here on usacarry though. Thanks a bazillion for your response.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post

Rochester Personal Defense, LLC.
    Presents:
    The State of Utah
    Non-Resident Permit Class

The State of Utah has revamped their training system and you get the benefit. We are now certified to instruct you in the legalities and carrying of a firearm in Utah as well as the 28 other states that honor the Utah Non-Resident Permit. If you travel a lot, the non-resident permits are a big help if you decide to carry or wish to carry where you want to go.

We will be doing your passport style photos, processing your fingerprints, and we have a notary available. All you have to do is attend, add a copy of your NY drivers license, a check made payable to the Utah BCI for $65.25, and fill everything out and drop your completed application (with your payment) in the mail. We even give you the pre addressed envelope!!

The Utah Permit is valid for 5 years. Note: the class fee does not include the cost of the permit.

Important: Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before the start time. The classroom will not be open until then
    What to bring to the class: Your completed application and your Driver's License or other photo ID with your signature (Passport, Permit, etc)

This IS NOT a live fire class. No firearms or ammunition are required.

The following states currently honor the Utah Non Resident permit: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming
    (info taken from USA Carry - Open and Concealed Carry Information and Community, 3-16-09)

Date: Saturday, November 7th, 2009
    Time: 10:30am to 3:30pm (check-in at 10:15)
    1579 Clark Street Road
    Auburn, NY 13022
    Cost: $85.00 per person (Pre-register ONLY)

To register, contact Rochester Personal Defense:
    Phone: 585-406-6758
    Email: [email protected] or
    On the web at: www.safeinrochester.com/lectures
    A Pennsylvania Non resident permit is only $26.00 for 5 years that gives you NC,VA,WVA,GA,along the other states included with your NY permit.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    A Pennsylvania Non resident permit is only $26.00 for 5 years that gives you NC,VA,WVA,GA,along the other states included with your NY permit.
    Good to know. However, PA does not give WA. UT does. I finally found a certified? UT CCW NR instructor at a gun store in Las Vegas who emailed me that she would do the UT paperwork for us non gratis if we came in to do our NV renewals with her.

I feel like I'm writing in a foreign language.

Blog Entries
    Still booking dates and doing classes all over NY State. Come see the new website and see all of the other training we offer....

Dave
    Dave
    Founder,
    www.safeinrochester.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    Still booking dates and doing classes all over NY State. Come see the new website and see all of the other training we offer....

Dave
    The Florida & Utah non resident permits are not honored in Pennsylvania from what I learned.This is very important for New York residents who have a permit to apply by mail to the Centre County Sheriff.It's very simple all done by mail $26 USD and photo copy your current pistol permit & drivers license.The Pennsylvania LTC is good in VA,WV,GA,MO,ND,SD,NC,LA,along with the other states that recognize the NY permit.

Blog Entries
    Hunter:

What is your source?

According to PA's Attorney General's Website: Crime: Protecting Pennsylvania Against Crime - Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General

BOTH

Utah and Florida are valid and honored in PA

For Florida, check this link: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...0Agreement.pdf
    And read the section that says:
    " The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will recognize valid Florida licenses to carry concealed firearms by valid Florida permit holders while said permit holders are present in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania"

As for Utah,

Look for the paragraph that reads:

Category 2: States that have statutory reciprocity under 6106(b)(15) of the Uniform Firearms Act.

The following states have been granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15), based on the determination of the Attorney General that the other state has granted reciprocity to Pennsylvania license holders, and that the other state's laws governing firearms are similar.

Colorado
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Louisiana
    Montana
    North Dakota
    Utah

PA has had, and still has, reciprocity with Utah and Florida

I have heard this rumor, because a lot of the counties are upset with the state legislature about the passing of the new bill that will effectively wipe out the mail in type non resident permit system that Centre County and others utilize.

The site is current as of five minutes ago. The info is up to date. If, for some reason, the local flavor is saying that the Utah is not valid, they are wrong. The state Atty General says otherwise - it's valid....

Dave
    Dave
    Founder,
    www.safeinrochester.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast