CCW Permit in Maryland
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW Permit in Maryland

CCW Permit in Maryland

I realize that this topic may have been covered in earlier threads but I wasn't able to locate an answer to this particular question...

Under the current Maryland laws a business owner may be issued a ccw permit if you are able to prove that you make frequent, large cash deposits. I believe I fall into this category and have been thinking about applying for a ccw for awhile. The question is...

Does anyone know how much money qualifies as a "large deposit" ? Is there a monthly amount their looking for when reviewing the application?

What are my chances for being approved?

Thanks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by carry4life View Post
    I realize that this topic may have been covered in earlier threads but I wasn't able to locate an answer to this particular question...

Under the current Maryland laws a business owner may be issued a ccw permit if you are able to prove that you make frequent, large cash deposits. I believe I fall into this category and have been thinking about applying for a ccw for awhile. The question is...

Does anyone know how much money qualifies as a "large deposit" ? Is there a monthly amount their looking for when reviewing the application?

What are my chances for being approved?

Thanks.
    Slim and none. I used to live in Maryland and the whole attitude of the government was to deny carry permits as far as they could. Issuance of a carry permit is completely discretionary and unless you're politically connected you might as well FAGEDABOUTIT.

CCW in Md?

Sorry man but I have to agree with hounddog! I was born and raised there and I don't plan to ever live there again! They have the worst politicians of any state! Depending on where you live and work, maybe you can move to Pa. Blessins! Jazzman

I, too, was born and raised there. Moved away 30 years ago. Miss the Bay and the Ocean, so I visit every once in a while. Would NEVER move back due to the political climate there. That's a shame as it's a beautiful state with a lot of great people. Good luck on getting a carry permit, you're gonna need it.

Thanks for the feedback. I fully agree with you guys that the gun laws here are without question anti-law abiding citizen. After doing some research, I feel that I meet the Maryland criteria pertaining to business people who handle cash deposits. I've decided to move forward with the permit process. Fingerprints have been taken at the SP and application has been sent. Wish me luck!

RE: carry4life

Quote Originally Posted by carry4life View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I fully agree with you guys that the gun laws here are without question anti-law abiding citizen. After doing some research, I feel that I meet the Maryland criteria pertaining to business people who handle cash deposits. I've decided to move forward with the permit process. Fingerprints have been taken at the SP and application has been sent. Wish me luck!
    I wish you all the luck in the world my friend! Keep us updated on what happens. Thanks! Jazzman

Yeah, good luck, man! Let us know...

9. I've never heard of a hard and fast rule regarding the amount, but if you feel it's large enough to make you a target, then apply.

I'd recommend you post your question at Maryland Shooters they have a very active board and may be able to help. You can also join the Maryland Shall Issue Organization to help restore our second amendment right in Maryland Maryland Shall Issue.
    If you change anything, you've changed everything...

I live a mile from the MD line in DE, the only right you have in Maryland is to be a victim!

Thanks for the feedback. Here's a quick update. I have been interviewed by the MDSP and permit is still pending. The interview focused mainly on my business deposit frequency and amounts. They also asked about who I live with, what type of gun I would be carrying, if I have a lockable storage box, and if I have completed a defensive shooting course. Let's see what happens....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast