Mass. non resident ccw permit - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Mass. non resident ccw permit

  1. multiple permits

    I have WV and FL permits, and will be getting UT soon. It really would be better to have a mandate for national recognition and not national registration. The issues with some states is a matter of training basics, and other states it is simply politics. In WV,(my home), Our DEM senator Jay Rockefeller was one of the NO voters on the Thune legisltion. This was politics. He is supposed to represent Wv residents whose ownership of guns surpasses residents. I do know who I am not voting for reelection.
    I wish you luck with getting legal to carry where you want. Keep updated on the states you travel through and be safe.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Be careful what you wish for. A national permit to carry would be nice in some ways, but it would be subject to the caprice of the federal government—the President and Congress. There's no telling what restrictions—and these would apply nationally—would be placed on everybody's permit after some school shooting or other notorious crime. We might be better off sticking with permits issued by people much closer to ourselves (local sheriffs) than distant bureaucrats, Marxists, and traitors in Washington. Speeding in a school zone? Turn in your CCW permit—permanently. IRS catch an error on your return? No CCW for 10 years.

    Remember also that any federal permit would have to clear the scrutiny of politically powerful senators and representatives from Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, California, Illinois, and other people's republics. All kinds of ambiguous wording could be included in the law in the hope that a future Supreme Court stocked with Obama appointees could issue rulings to our disadvantage.

    Can't you just see the New York Times article? "In the wake of the recent shooting only five miles from a day care center, President Obama has ordered all federal CCW permits suspended until his Select Panel for Solutions to Gun Violence, co-chaired by Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, and Barbra Streisand, can meet and submit recommendations for handling the crisis."

    Let's work on universal reciprocity, though even that poses dangers. New York City and San Francisco are too politically powerful and will never go along. And keep in mind that some senators voted for national reciprocity only when their vote counters assured them that the measure was going to lose anyway. Several senators wanted to be able to go home and say, "I voted for it," but they didn't actually want it to pass. Remember too that the measure still would have had to go to the House, where it had little chance.

    Imagine the fury of the left toward Obama if gun laws actually loosened during his term.

  4. New York has two types of pistol permits Carry and Premise,however the counties issue the permits and put retrictions like" To and Fron Range Only".If you apply for a non resident permit in Pennsylvania your pistol permit must have no restrictions in order to be issued a CCW in that state.New York does not issue a non resident permit but it's pemit is recognized by a few states like Texas and Montana.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    New York has two types of pistol permits Carry and Premise,however the counties issue the permits and put retrictions like" To and Fron Range Only".If you apply for a non resident permit in Pennsylvania your pistol permit must have no restrictions in order to be issued a CCW in that state.New York does not issue a non resident permit but it's pemit is recognized by a few states like Texas and Montana.
    Once again , PA WILL issue a permit to a person who has a restricted permit in NY. Centre County does this all the time!

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by superdutydave View Post
    considering the current administration....and the liberal congress to boot....I doubt anything will happen with gun laws that would be considered positive within this group. Best we can hope for is that they do nothing...honestly I would be happy with just that.

    Dave
    +1 on that! A positive change or no change is what I hope for.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarton713 View Post
    A central registry that keeps track of everyone that owns a firearm? That sounds like an anti-2d Amendment dream come true.

    As for the elected officials that make sure nobody is abusing their right, I saw a post by someone that says that carrying in a glovebox is stupid and shouldn't be legal. I think it is fine and in fact think you should be able to carry anywhere you want in your vehicle. Who decides which one is abusing their right? Do you know that the 1st amendment protects both Tom Clancy's "The Hunt for Red October" and Joe Smut's latest bit of pornography? Since it is a 'right' nobody gets to decide how it is exercised. We may not like or agree with how they exercise it but if we deny someone's right to do something we hate we're defenseless when then go after something we think is just fine since the precedent has been made.

    The thing is we've been on the defensive so long about our rights that we've decided that if we offer to self-govern or limit we'll be more palatable to the anti-gun forces. The truth is we'll never satisfy a group that is intent on total disarmament of the civilian population and all forms of self-government will only make their job easier in the long run.
    As far as abuse of rights, I mean being convicted of a crime against a fellow citizen such as homicide, armed robbery, assault, rape. Not deciding issues like where it can be stored, which type can be had, how many rounds in the magazine. Individuals who have proven by their actions to be determined or inclined to commit crimes do not (in my opinion) get to carry arms any more. In this case how say you?
    I'm not going to let an individual who has proven him or herself to be violent in nature unrestricted access to arms.
    I'm steadfast in that belief. It's like the sex offender registry for those who have proven themselves inclined to behave in that manner.
    You have the right unrestricted and without infringement, until you prove by action that you will abuse it. That's the point I make.

    As far as a registry that keeps track of registered firearms owners (we don't have to tell them how many and which type... No No No...). To enforce the "Abuse the right and lose the right" policy I outlined above. We should have the freedom to roam from one state to the next without fear of "Do I have a permit in this state?".

    OK.. I know I'm gonna get some hell for this post, so let it rip.. I'm tolerant of others opinions and Interpretations.

    Utopia, so hard to find and once found it is so often corrupted.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    As far as abuse of rights, I mean being convicted of a crime against a fellow citizen such as homicide, armed robbery, assault, rape. Not deciding issues like where it can be stored, which type can be had, how many rounds in the magazine. Individuals who have proven by their actions to be determined or inclined to commit crimes do not (in my opinion) get to carry arms any more. In this case how say you?
    I'm not going to let an individual who has proven him or herself to be violent in nature unrestricted access to arms.
    I'm steadfast in that belief. It's like the sex offender registry for those who have proven themselves inclined to behave in that manner.
    You have the right unrestricted and without infringement, until you prove by action that you will abuse it. That's the point I make.

    As far as a registry that keeps track of registered firearms owners (we don't have to tell them how many and which type... No No No...). To enforce the "Abuse the right and lose the right" policy I outlined above. We should have the freedom to roam from one state to the next without fear of "Do I have a permit in this state?".

    OK.. I know I'm gonna get some hell for this post, so let it rip.. I'm tolerant of others opinions and Interpretations.

    Utopia, so hard to find and once found it is so often corrupted.

    Sorry to disappoint but no argument here. BTW...that's why felons can't even own much less carry firearms. Doesn't that cover your point?

    To the OP...fugehtaboudit....it's all local in Mass...you got a friend on the local force or county office...you are good to go...otherwise....not impossible but you got a lot of work to do.

    PS. I know it's December but.....Go Sox! Ok...B's and C's too.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by piste View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but no argument here. BTW...that's why felons can't even own much less carry firearms. Doesn't that cover your point?

    To the OP...fugehtaboudit....it's all local in Mass...you got a friend on the local force or county office...you are good to go...otherwise....not impossible but you got a lot of work to do.

    PS. I know it's December but.....Go Sox! Ok...B's and C's too.
    I was wondering when I was gonna see a response. I am lucky in that I do have friends in that very position.
    I also have no criminal record and that's really all that should be required. I should be able to go from one state to the next, but I'll not hold my breath for that just yet...

    What's the difference between a hot dog in Fenway Park and Yankee stadium?

    You can still get the hot dog in Yankee stadium in October...

    Happy New Year...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast