Mass. non resident ccw permit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass. non resident ccw permit

Mass. non resident ccw permit

I live in Southern Oregon and have had my Oregon C.H.L. for almost 20 years. I have family in Maine and visit them quite often. I will be starting the non resident process for both Maine and N.H ccw permits soon.

My question is this: Does anybody have any experience in getting, or attempting to get, a non resident permit from Mass?

Ok, I will give you a few minuets to stop laughing. But really, I have read that they can issue them to non residents. Does anybody have any experience in dealing with that states ccw process?

It can be done...i havent done it...

but some info for you:

MA License app

Its $100 (non-refundable) for a 1 year license...and you have to pick it up in person. You want a CLass A license..as a Class B is for mace type products.

I'm a resident here in MA. Here is the link to the PDF form for application. I did not have any issues with my LTC here. I know and get along with/have respect of local LE here in town so normal course of certification and checks were performed with no issues so I was issued Class A LTC w/ no restrictions. In other towns here in MA, especially closer to cities like Worcester and Boston, it’s much harder. FID card here is a shall issue license, Class B and Class A are May issue licenses. It’s up to the issuing official. Chief of police of the town in which you reside. The PDF has the restrictions and the requirements needed. Good Luck. Let me know how you make out..

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/...%20website.pdf
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Thanks for the speedy info. I will check into that as soon as i can.

Also, does anybody have any idea when another "Thune" style national ccw repicrication bill will be offered up again? I know the last one almost passed in July of this year and I am eager to see another attempt soon.

Passing something like that would make things so much easier.

Ok, I'll bite. If you have your Oregon CCW, why all the non-resident ones?

7. wow! I see the Oregon CCW permit is not honored in many states. Good luck in your endevor.

Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. If you have your Oregon CCW, why all the non-resident ones?
    Oregon doesnt honor anybody elses permits. So the number of other states recipricating is very low. I think only like a dozen states honor my permit. And the states that do honor my permit are not states that i ever travel to.
    I would like to get the Utah permit but unfortunately for me, neither Maine, N.H, or Mass honor the Utah permit. So I have to go the long way around and obtain each friggin one. It sucks.
    I long for the day that ccw permits are treated like drivers licenses and are good everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by g30sheepdog View Post
    Oregon doesnt honor anybody elses permits. So the number of other states recipricating is very low. I think only like a dozen states honor my permit. And the states that do honor my permit are not states that i ever travel to.
    I would like to get the Utah permit but unfortunately for me, neither Maine, N.H, or Mass honor the Utah permit. So I have to go the long way around and obtain each friggin one. It sucks.
    I long for the day that ccw permits are treated like drivers licenses and are good everywhere.
    OR recip map

NH does honor UT but not ME or MA.

Since you're traveling in that NE area...you may as well get CT permit as well. Only CT will cover you in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    OR recip map

NH does honor UT but not ME or MA.

Since you're traveling in that NE area...you may as well get CT permit as well. Only CT will cover you in CT.
    Yeah I thought about looking into the CT permit too but I usually dont travel that far south when I am on the east coast so I will prolly pass on that one.

And as far as NH honoring the Utah permit that is true, but they only honor them from Utah residents. I think Maine is the same way in not honoring non resident permits. So im kinda stuck obtaining a small collection of ccw permits. It drives me crazy.

Maybe I could talk my family into moving into a state that honors my Oregon C.H.L. That would make things easier. ha ha ha!

YOUR question/s for NON-Resident is in the MA. state thread here in this forum. Plenty of answer's there...check it out.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast