I lost my SC CWP due too charges - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: I lost my SC CWP due too charges

  1. #41
    I got my CWP back from SLED today in the mail!!!!!!!

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Hey foots402: Glad to hear that you are back in good graces with the CC powers that be here in SC. I want to apologize again to you for my strident tones but I truly believe that the awesome responsibility that we have been given to literally take a life under certain conditions that may come about in our daily lives mandates that we conduct ourselves in public in a manner that just does not put us in any kind of unfortunate siituation for any reason. It may be rather ignorant of me to feel that way but it is something I strive for even more when I CC. Again, good luck to you, be safe, and consider your former situation a helpful exercise in appreciating the problems and dangers that life can impose on you.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey foots402: With all due respect to your situation and your guilt or non-guilt, I personally feel that anyone who has been given the permission to CC must be beyond reproach and squeeky clean. The old comeback to someone who says they needed to carry a gun because of the place they were going to is "you should not be going there in the first place". Taking that comeback a step further--If you have a CCWP and get in police trouble, especially for something violent (and assault is in that category--misdemeanor or whatever), you should probably not be someone who should have a CCWP in the first place. Sorry I feel that way and I hope that the police and the investigation fully exonerate you, but you never should have been in that situation to begin with. Your thread and post scare me.

    Well, you summed it up for me.

    I'd be interested in the details of this particular incident. Was it a woman involved ?

    Party get out of control ? Bar or club scene ?

    Personally, if I'm anywhere near what even smells like trouble or I don't care for the personalities that may find myself around, I'm leaving the scene before it get's blue lights in the front yard or parking lot or establishment. That's just me.

    Glad you got your carry permit back. I'd think long and hard about how you got into this situation in the first place and reasess your lifestyle, maybe.

    Just a thought.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey foots402: Glad to hear that you are back in good graces with the CC powers that be here in SC. I want to apologize again to you for my strident tones but I truly believe that the awesome responsibility that we have been given to literally take a life under certain conditions that may come about in our daily lives mandates that we conduct ourselves in public in a manner that just does not put us in any kind of unfortunate siituation for any reason. It may be rather ignorant of me to feel that way but it is something I strive for even more when I CC. Again, good luck to you, be safe, and consider your former situation a helpful exercise in appreciating the problems and dangers that life can impose on you.
    You have a right to Your opinion, and I respect that right. That being said I hope that I never have to depend on You to cover My back in a SHTF situation or any situation of a serious nature. Your holier than thou and I have never made a mistake attitude leave a lot to be desired in My opinion.

  6. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by XD45SWMo View Post
    You have a right to Your opinion, and I respect that right. That being said I hope that I never have to depend on You to cover My back in a SHTF situation or any situation of a serious nature. Your holier than thou and I have never made a mistake attitude leave a lot to be desired in My opinion.
    KelCarry could (and would) cover my six anytime. I think you might be misreading his intent, here. You should read more of his posts before you make a judgement call like this. There is no evidence of "holier than thou" or "I have never made a mistake" attitude, that I can see. You'll find that he's an older guy who has managed to stay under the radar and believes that anyone who carries should not be putting themselves knowingly in questionable situations.

    I, myself, while also an older guy, have NOT managed to stay under the radar and have put myself in some questionable situations over the years, usually as a younger man. His advice to younger men to avoid these entanglements is good advice, IMHO, and will save a lot of heartache, grief and legal fees, in the long run, not to mention possible jail time.

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by foots402 View Post
    I got my CWP back from SLED today in the mail!!!!!!!
    Glad to hear everything worked out in the end and hate that you had to go through it. I work at a college and hear the students talking about thing a lot and sometimes I wonder just what in the heck were they thinking when they did that.

    I am a firm believer in the study that our brains are not fully functional until at least age 25 for most people. When people ask didn't you do that when you were young I say yes and that is exactly why I try to keep people from doing it now. How I survived my youth I have no idea.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast