Question for all - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for all

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I wondered if anyone else did that. I'm constantly thumping against walls and doorframes. I barely fit thru most doorways anyway (I'm pretty wide at 280 lbs). I noticed my business partner looking up one time like "what was THAT?" as I thumped on by. (She figured out pretty fast that it was a weapon; didn't seem to mind at all, lucky me.) Obviously, "stealth" is not one of my attributes!
    +1 on the wide body part, I usually add a 4 letter whatever in there as well... Hate when I do that...
    Semper Fi

Since I began carrying I have some of the same effects as before mentioned. I am much more laid back. I pay attention to how I react to situations. I generally feel a lot more safe than without carrying especially in some of the shady areas I go for work.

One of the largest changes it has made for me is I don't really drink anymore. I was always a social drinker before anyway, not a drunk. But because I carry all of the time and drinking + CC = bad, I just don't bother to drink. I still go out into social settings where there is alcohol but I don't imbibe. I just hang out with friends and have a good time.

Im sure it changes most peoples lives when they start to ccw. I got my permit about 20 years ago, about one month after i turned 21, and i have never looked back. And i agree with jjflash about the mindset of being a sheepdog. You're either the wolf, the sheep, or the sheepdog.

Anybody that has chosen to be legally armed has also chosen to be the sheepdog. And with that comes more than just the act of carring a gun. Its a mindset, a maturity, an attitude, and a way of life.

Always carry.

I choose pants with belt loops now,And longer shirts to.
    Thats about it I always let things go and watched where I was and such.
    "I don't want to ever shoot anyone . . .
    but I want bad guys to leave my family and me alone!"

There should be a heightened sense of responsibility and awareness of your circumstances as you go about your days concealing something that can change peoples' lives--yours included. I still feel that common sense and thinking about where i am going and what i am doing, before i go there or do that, goes a long way toward minimizing any potential for ccw use. There is always the "what if" and some of you may face difficult situations everyday due to your work situation, but for me as a retired guy, i find it difficult to see a situation that i would put myself or allow myself to fall into that would come close to ccw use. I am not a 24/7 cc but i may carry it in car, where road rage etc seems to me to be the most obvious scenario for a problem--even then my gas pedal works better than my ccw.

Ifeel the sheepdog concept is correct. Once you take the responsability of getting your license you should also take the responsability of stopping a unlawful act from happening. For example the situation a Fort Hood. If you are interested in researching further go to You Tube and see some of the informative clips buy Nutnfancy.

Since I've carried, I have found myself habitually in condition yellow, not wandering around aimlessly in a code white fog. If everyone was tuned in to this alone, crime would probably drop by 50%.
    I never drink when carrying (which is most of the time) - that's raised a few eyebrows with friends who know how much I like a good beer. I usually just blow it off as just not wanting any tonight... this generally works and once they get a couple in them no one notices or cares.
    I tend to dress around the gun... longer untucked shirts, heavier belt, sport jackets, etc. I'm a little looser casual and a bit more buttoned up formal.
    No doorframe issues, never have been in peoples face or overly aggressive but still I find myself just being insouciant (but not a doormat) about most slights, bad drivers, and poor manners. It's not worth causing a ruckus that may escalate; over what, a slightly bruised ego?
    All in all - I feel like I have an improved life due to being more alert, not getting all wound up by the actions of others, dressing better (according to my wife), and having the ability to protect myself and others adequately in almost any situation. It is a way of life!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Its been four years for me. At first I was very self aware and worried about printing, brandishing etc etc.I would like to say that it did not effect my attitude but that would not be true. I think you mellow as soon as you conceal. Now its just part of my wardrobe most of the time i forget its there.

My life actually changed more when my wife began to CC.
    I'm not as concerned about her becoming a victim; especially when she is with our children. I'm much more at ease when she and the kids have gone somewhere without me.

Another BIG plus is the way it has significantly improved our relationship. Since she has been CC'ing, we have become a much, MUCH better team! ALL parts of our relationship have improved significantly. (25+ years & better than ever!)

I would strongly encourage every "Guy" out there with a significant other to get their wife/girfriend involved in the CC revolution. My wife did NOT like firearms until she to a CWP class. NOW she is an NRA RSO and takes as many advanced firearm defense classes as she can.

I'm a truly "Blessed" man!

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    My life actually changed more when my wife began to CC.
    I'm not as concerned about her becoming a victim; especially when she is with our children. I'm much more at ease when she and the kids have gone somewhere without me.

Another BIG plus is the way it has significantly improved our relationship. Since she has been CC'ing, we have become a much, MUCH better team! ALL parts of our relationship have improved significantly. (25+ years & better than ever!)

I would strongly encourage every "Guy" out there with a significant other to get their wife/girfriend involved in the CC revolution. My wife did NOT like firearms until she to a CWP class. NOW she is an NRA RSO and takes as many advanced firearm defense classes as she can.

I'm a truly "Blessed" man!
    I agree! My girlfriend of the last 12 years (yeah i know, i should prolly be married by now) also has her state carry permit. I too feel better knowing that when she is with the kids she can defend herself and the family when im not around. Its calming.

And when we all go out of town its nice to have another set of eyes, with a gun, scanning the scene.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast