Question for all - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question for all

Cane guns, also termed poaching sticks, are classified as Any Other Weapon (AOW) under the National Firearms Act. The AOW catagory also includes, smoothbore pistols, pistols with a shoulder stock, wallet holsters, and shooting briefcases. The transfer tax on an AOW is $5 and requires all NFA rules to be followed.

Now a sword cane on the otherhand...

Answering the OP's question, I have made alot of wardrobe upgrades. Not so much in what I wear, but in making sure the clothes are fit to carry with. This means sturdier belts, pant legs cut to conceal an ankle holster, more time spent selecting the right jackets, and an occational alteration to some garments. I also have made my vehicle CCW compliant by making sure I have the option to stash my sidearm quickly and legally within my vehicle when I go to the numerous locations where one cannot carry in this state.

The change in my life as a result of having a CCW is that I now carry legally.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Hear....hear....
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Hey G50AE: First off, kindly do not take my comments in an abusive manner but I recently replied to comments you made about SC LEOs and I found it sad that you have such distinct hostility and/or suspicion about LEOs. Now I read this thread and I have my mouth open as I read the extent to which you have gone to accomodate all your firearms in your car, on your person, etc etc. I am not saying that any of this is not being due diligent and responsible; what I am saying is my impression from all of your words on these threads is that your mindset seems to be very angry and aggressive to everyone and anyone to the point where you should try a little chillin. If the situation where you live in SC is so bad that it requires actions that meet your comments, I truly feel badly for you. But my impression is that you need to take a step back and take a deep breath and reevaluate things. I apologize in advance if these comments cause you some anger and yes (in answer to your first probable comment about this post) I do not know you or your life and it is none of my business, but I truly feel for you---your anger is all over the place.

I'm definitely wear my clothes a little looser and let alot more things go that used to make me mad before . Some of it could be cause i'm getting a little older & things hurt like they never used too though

Hey Y'all: My answer to the question is short and sweet---NOT AT ALL outside of probably practicing a bit more so that I am at least proficient in firearm use. In 68 years, mostly in the NY/NJ area, I have never had any situation that remotely came close to even thinking about needing a firearm. Situational awareness, in my way of thinking, goes much farther than anything that I could possibly think of being CC. Yes there is "what if" so I at least CC while in the car driving--about the only thing (road rage) that tends to bother me. My only other real scenario that bothers me is the "no CC in restaurants (w/alcohol)"edict in SC. I always feel vulnerable at 10 PM walking back to my car with my wife after a fine meal but I am not allowed to CC in such a restaurant if they serve. Yes I could be CC and no one would know but if god forbid I did have a "problem" the circumstances surrounding my CC would leave me criminally and probably more importantly civilly vulnerable. Outside of these cases, I rarely CC; actually took the class for the information it provided me on laws, gun safety etc and just because I could and just because it was a natural extension of my firearm ownership.

Anyone else from SC notice there are a lot of us who are pretty active on this site? Injuneer, KelCarry, GD50AE, Islander...
    We do have our differences, but each of us are staunch 2nd Amendment supporters and appear to strive to stay safe and legal.

I've got your backs if you ever need it. I'm well trained and well armed. That's 4 Musketeers right there if the situation ever calls for it. Then again, we also have all the other members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Anyone else from SC notice there are a lot of us who are pretty active on this site? Injuneer, KelCarry, GD50AE, Islander...
    We do have our differences, but each of us are staunch 2nd Amendment supporters and appear to strive to stay safe and legal.
    Yeah I noticed that too. Although I don't understand how KelCarry can interpret a posting indicating that caneguns fall under NFA rules as being somehow hostile to SC LEO's. If anyone would like to research NFA rules to find out what all falls under the AOW catagory, be my guest, I won't assume that you are hostile to LEO's or any other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Amen to that, brother. For the time being, anyway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast